Chapter 13, changing things

Quickly finding out he couldn't go back to save his parents, he managed to go back to the start of the fifth year.
He was carefully moving through the forest, but stopped short seeing you and Fig heading towards the castle.
He had to stop himself from racing over to hug both of you.
Quickly, he moved to the nearest floo network and went to Feldcroft.
Knowing his uncle's habits, he waited for him to leave to go to the market, before walking into the house.
Anne nearly grabbed for her wand before she recognized him.
"S-Sebastian? Why do you look different?"
"Probably because I'm a year older," he teased, getting her mouth to drop when he showed the time turner.
"Those are illegal!"
He sighed as he stowed it back under his shirt. "We don't have much time before Solomon gets back. I'm here to ask you something and grab something else."
"Okay?"
"First I need to grab dear old uncle's journal," he said already moving to swipe it from the secret compartment. "Then, after I've brewed the cure for you, I'd like you to meet me in town in about a month. It's going to take a while to brew."
"You actually found a cure and came back in time to do this?"
"A friend of mine found it," he said, his eyes emptying enough that Anne swallowed hard. "You died before she found it."
"She was more than just a friend to you, wasn't she?" He nodded, his head hanging low hoping it would hide the pain in his face. "Then why come back here?"
"Her and Ominis died too."
Anne gasped, before catching herself on the table, quickly sitting down with Sebastian's help.
"How?"
"I didn't listen to them when they warned me not to use dark magic. I thought it would help, but all it did was steal everyone from me. I want to ensure the younger me doesn't follow the same path. I can cure you know and maybe we'll be worthy of her."
"What happened? Tell me everything."
Staring at determination that had mirrored his own, he explained everything, even letting her read Solomon's journal as proof.
At first she just sat there, but soon she shook her head and met his eyes.
"I'm going to Hogwarts."
"What?"
She stood and moved to grab some of her belongings. "If Solomon finds out about this, he'll try to kill us. The best place for me to be is at Hogwarts with the younger you. At the very least, I could try helping him stay out of the restricted section. It's time we work together, right? And maybe we can save this girl you're in a twist about."
He chuckled and shook his head. "You just want to meet her, don't you?"
"It is an added bonus."
Grateful she didn't think too harshly on him and was even willing to help, he accepted, being she wasn't going to back down.
"Okay, then I just need to find someone to steal the hair from," he said pulling out the vial of polyjuice potion that was ready to be infused with it. "Then, I'll need to brew more."
She nodded. "Let's hurry before he comes back."

      Having stolen some hair from an unsuspecting student named David Dryer, a Slytherin fifth year that Sebastian never even remembered being in the same class, he'd still have to be careful though. His younger self was no fool. 
Speaking of him, he was surprised to see Anne move into the Slytherin common room, and though she spared a lot of the details. She did tell him "David" knew of a cure.
Once he found out about Solomon, he wanted to go duel him, which everyone expected.
"Sit down," Older Sebastian snapped.
The younger one shot him a glare. "What are you? My dad?"
"What good will it do to go try to kill him? Get yourself sent to Azkaban too? You WILL lose everything."
Ominis cocked his head, but didn't say anything.
"Don't you have a potion to brew?"
Anne smacked her brother, getting him to scowl. "He's trying to help us both. Stop being rude."
"I have to go collect some stuff. I'll be back later."
Younger Sebastian moved to stop him, but Anne intervened quickly.

   Putting the cloak on before slipping into the Ministry, Sebastian couldn't help but feel worried about whether he'd get to the safe easily or not.
His hopes were dashed when someone grabbed him by the arm, making him look over seeing a random man.
He pulled him into an empty room before yanking off the invisibility cloak.
"Some nerve you have coming in here without knowing the password to the safe, Mr. Sallow."
Confused Sebastian backed up.
"Relax, you won't be able to tell right now, but I'm Felix Williams."
Blinking slowly, Sebastian managed to speak through a dry mouth. "Aren't you in Azkaban?"
He chuckled. "No, I've been an animagus since I was in school. I can leave if something is important."
Sebastian eyed him carefully. "So. You're not Felix from my time?"
Amused, he smiled but didn't answer the question. "I know why you're here, but let me handle the Minister, while you tend to your immensely stubborn counterpart, your sister and my daughter."
He got the stubborn part right and Sebastian hadn't really realized just how much until he was at the receiving end. "Couldn't you have done this in our time line?"
"Yes, but then who would have kept you sane enough for them to help you, otherwise you'd tried to scratch at them or threatened to curse them, which I doubt would have changed their minds about you later."
It hadn't changed their minds anyway, but he wasn't about to point that out.   
Sighing, he nodded. "And now you can take on the Minister alone?"
"Spavin always had something over me. Something I wouldn't risk, but you're fully capable to protect her, especially given how you felt about her dying in the other time line." He held out his hand. "Solomon's journal please?"
Sebastian pulled it from your bag and made to handed it over, but stopped upon seeing Felix holding out a few rare herbs needed for Anne's cure.
He wanted to ask how Felix knew he was going to come back to change everything or did he have these on hand?  
"Picked this up along the way, figured you might have a better use for them."
Knowing even a little about rare plants, is that you can't just "pick them up" you have to go looking for them after a lot of research, but Sebastian figured it was best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.   
He smiled as Sebastian took them and placed the book in it's spot.
"Go back to Hogwarts and keep an eye on my daughter for me."
He tossed the invisibility cloak back over Sebastian before he left, not letting Sebastian ask any thing more about the situation.
He just hoped everything works itself out.