Chapter 15, Worth it in the end

The pulse that shot out once the repository was put in place, was enough to almost knock the wind out of you.
Hearing the shield charm go up, you glanced behind you seeing older Sebastian in front of Professor Fig, though only his head was visible.
"Uh?"
He looked down at himself quickly and gave an awkward chuckle. "Invisibility cloak."
You knew that Fig would have too many questions about how he found out where you were let alone the expensive cloak, but you didn't know the best way to answer that.   
You gave a shrug when he glanced your way. "It's a long story."
Not sure where to start from that, he settled for scolding Sebastian. "I must say this is the most dangerous thing you've done Mr. Sallow."
The look that crossed his face made Fig pause, noticing a subtle difference from his fifteen year old student, to the older boy in front of him.
You knew it was far from the most dangerous thing and Fig seemed to deduce the same. 
"We should head back and see how the other teachers are fairing. That was a lot of goblins we passed."
Nodding, Sebastian pulled the hood back over his head and vanished.
"O-okay, I guess he's going to follow?"
You felt a slight push as you headed after Fig, followed by a soft chuckle.

    On the way back, you felt something was off and when you met where the repository originally was, you knew why.
Minister Spavin stood looking at you two, eyes dark and angry.
Did he escape or was he let go?
"I knew you were going to be trouble," he said hitting Fig with flipendo before any of you could react.
He landed hard on the ground, almost rolling over the edge if it wasn't for one of the thin supports stopping him, you nearly ran towards Fig, but froze at the next thing you heard. 
"Avada Kadavra!"
Green filled your vision, but you were hit aside, falling to the ground before something fell over your legs. 
Shaking your head to clear the cloud that fell over your mind, you sat up seeing Sebastian's lifeless expression once the hood fell off his head.
"No, Sebastian!"
"Don't worry, you're about to join him-"
Your wand was in your pocket where Sebastian's body was currently laying, so all you could do was watch and wait.
"Depulso!" A man said from behind Spavin, sending him up and over your head.
After a bit of a struggle, you carefully laid Sebastian down, trying to be as careful as possible. In a flash of gold, he vanished.
Panicked, you felt around for his body, but he was completely gone. 
Trying to avoid breaking down, you moved to Fig, who was breathing heavily.
Pulling a wiggenweld potion from your bag, you shoved it into his hands, not wanting to lose him too.
The sound of battle drew your eyes towards the two men, who seemed to be evenly matched. You still raised your wand towards them just in case. The guy seemed to have a bone to pick with Spavin, but you weren't going to bet Fig's or your life on it. 
Fig's breathing calmed as he downed the potion, a relaxed expression quickly stealing away the pain, making your nerves settle a little. 
His eyes met yours, the pain and panic reminded him of a moment ago and he lifted his wand towards Spavin.
"Confringo!" Fig said softly, blasting hot air over your skin.
He hit the Minister in the side, making him stumble off the edge, before the other man caught him with accio and stuck him in a leg locker curse.
"Death is too easy. It's time for you to be brought to justice Spavin," he growled, before looking over his shoulder at you and Fig. "Let's go."

      You were allowed to leave to head to your common room after everyone was given the news of what happened and Black was forced to side with you to keep his reputation from crumbling.
You were still disappointed you couldn't find Sebastian's body to give him a proper burial.
"He'll be taken care of," the man you found out was named Felix, said moving closer, having followed you out of the headmaster's office without you realizing it. "I'll see to it."
"But his body's gone-"
"Not in this time line. In the event of his death, to keep time, he was returned to his original one. Just as I will return to it."
Knowing this man's story thanks to Sebastian telling you, it was a little bit of a shock to find out that he followed him.   
"But doesn't that mean you're still in Azkaban here?"
He smiled. "Yes, but that was the point. There couldn't be a prison break in this time for him to be released properly, without a giant battle taking his daughter's life."
"Now, you have to live it," you whispered, letting your eyes drop.
He couldn't help smiling at your concern. "No, once I return, that time line will erase completely and this one will replace it. Sebastian never goes to Azkaban. I'm freed. And none of you die. It was worth all the time I spent in Azkaban for an ending like this."
His eyes drifted over your head as he smiled. "I did take one liberty though. Once older Sebastian died, the younger one was given his memories." He motioned over your head, so you looked seeing Sebastian behind you, breathing heavily as if he ran the whole way. "Go on. I'll see you in this life."
He gave you a slight push, but you quickly hugged him.
"Thank you Felix."
He laughed in your ear. "You're welcome."
Tears lingered in his eyes as you pulled away and turned towards Sebastian, running to close the distance, half crashing into him as you hugged him.
"You're safe," he whispered softly, his arms tightening as he hugged you back. "All of us are safe."

       With the end of term, you, the Sallow twins and Ominis all moved into your house in Upper Hogsfield. You could see a familiarity in Sebastian as you moved in, he just kept chuckling as he glanced around even moving like he knew the place. 
Anne even started dating Ominis shortly into the summer. You and Sebastian weren't far behind as you grew accustomed to living with roommates. Ominis was the hardest, being he was terrible with messes and both you and Sebastian always made them.
Felix came over every once in a while, not wanting to put too much pressure on butting into your life, but he did move close just in case anything happened. People were less than polite to him, but slowly grew accustomed to the idea that he wasn't going to attack them when he came around. 
He and Sebastian seemed to have a strange understanding with each other and when you'd inquire, he'd just smile sadly and shake his head.
Sebastian, when bringing up the curses, would say that life was behind him and he learned from his mistakes.
All of you were happy to hear it and didn't press it further.
The only worries any of you had was what the next year had in store, though you hoped it wasn't as eventful as the last.