Chapter 4, Sebastian's wand

You were prepared for Draken to show up and even ask for you and Ominis to produce your wands, a fact which you were grateful for Sebastian's wand and that Draken hadn't seen yours before.
"What is this about?" Ominis asked politely once Draken said you could put your wands away.
"We had a prison break at Azkaban. A Sebastian Sallow and Mr. Williams escaped. I came here first because you have ties to both of them."
You screwed up your face at the accusation. "I'm trying to become an auror. That's to put dark wizards away. Not let them out."
You made sure your tone voiced disapproval, getting him to nod. "As you two still have your wands, I can see I was wrong. Good day."
You glanced at Ominis as his brows pinched and Draken disapparated. "A wand? How'd Sebastian get a wand?" His head moved your way when you didn't reply. "You didn't-"
"I know, but it was impulsive. Something he always brought out."
Hearing you sigh, he lightly patted your shoulder. "I understand, if he was telling the truth, I hope he finds out what he needs. If he's lying, you're going to get into a lot of trouble if they find your wand. Speaking of which, how do you have an extra wand?"
"I actually had four. I have Fig's, Miriam's, mine and... Sebastian's."
"You actually have his wand?"
"I picked it up that night. I never got the chance to give it back," I answered softly, looking at it.
"So, Sebastian's now on the loose. We have no idea where he is or what he's doing," he said, pausing for a second. "No, that was pretty much normal."
You laughed, knowing he did that to lighten the mood.
"Just do me a favor and don't get involved with whatever he's doing. I don't want to lose another friend."
"I can't promise that, but I promise to try."
"Alright, you said you were taking a trip to Hogsmeade today?"
Glad to get off the subject of Sebastian, you nodded. "Yes, I'm meeting Natty and Poppy today. They've been excited about this the whole week. Christmas break only comes once a year, so I decided to indulge them."
He smirked. "You have too many presents you bought for them, don't you?"
"That too, but you're not allowed to complain, you knew I was like this before moving in," I teased, earning a laugh.
"Pack rat of the year award goes to you, every year. Does your dormitory look as bad?"
You let out a scoff. "No, that would set a bad example and ruin my reputation."
"What?" He snickered, shaking his head. "You're not afraid to ruin your reputation when it comes to me?"
"No? You're family, I don't have to. You know pretty much every bad habit of mine and you stayed-"
"Coerced," he clarified.
You narrowed your eyes his way, not that he could see it. "Jerk."
He smirked. "Just be careful, alright?"
"Yes, dad. I'll look both ways before crossing the street. Check my surroundings to make sure I'm not followed."
Giving a deadpan expression for calling him "dad", he nodded, thanked you and then waved you to leave.
If only you knew how those words should have been guidelines for the day.

     Natsai and Poppy almost scolded you for buying them too many Christmas presents, but it was hardly that much, maybe six each.
It was nothing compared to the presents you bought for Sebastian that you knew you'd never be able to give him and you still got them anyway.
You couldn't help yourself, everything that reminded you of him or you'd think he'd like, you'd buy.
Ominis scolded you the first time he found them, but then calmly explained that you were only hurting yourself, so you got creative and used an extending charm, to hide them in the bag you kept in your pocket alongside your wand.
Ominis was a smart man, he'd put it together, if he hadn't already.
You knew why you were annoyed at the manipulation Sebastian put you through, why you took a chance and gave him your wand in Azkaban. You loved him, a feeling that hadn't gone away in the months he'd been locked up.
You didn't know if that was naivety on your part for falling for someone who played you so often or just hoped he'd been serious at least once. But, in the end, the silence was your answer.
Something poked you hard in the shoulder, making you jump, before you saw Imelda smirking at you.
"Weren't you doing a race today?" Poppy asked, barely drawing her gaze.
"Had to come back," she answered simply and held out her hand. "You dropped your wand."
Instantly understanding this was Sebastian, you quickly grabbed it from him.
"Oh, thank you."
"No problem," he said slipping into the booth beside you. "So, I feel like we haven't spoken in a while. How are things?"
Poppy laughed. "We spoke this morning. You told us you were going flying, remember?"
"It was cancelled, my opponent didn't show up."
Surprised by how nonchalantly he said that, Natty and Poppy side glanced.
"So, anyway. How're things going between you and Ominis?"
Confused, you looked at him. "Ominis?"
"You're living together, right?"
Poppy laughed softly. "If I didn't know Imelda, I'd think you were jealous."
You sent him a warning glare.
"Not at all, I'm just curious, you know."
Rolling your eyes you stood. "Well, I'm going to head back home."
"Yes, got to make it back home before Ominis gets there first."
Ignoring that, you walked outside after saying goodbye to Sirona.
It's like nothing changed in those months. Of course he'd go right back to fighting with you.
Shaking your head, you moved to head out of town, barely making it half way before you were grabbed and pushed into an alley.
When you spun, you saw Imelda behind you, taking a few steps back.
"Sorry, I needed to get you outside."
Casting a glance around, seeing nothing suspicious, you narrowed your eyes at him.
"Why? And why attack the friendship between Ominis and I?"
"Well, a man and a woman living together usually ends in one thing happening-"
"Oh, grow up Sebastian. Ominis is like a brother to me."
He raised his hands and sighed softly. "Alright, alright. But I need your help."
Crossing your arms, you sighed. "For what? I thought you were looking into the whole innocents in Azkaban thing. Why come to me?"
"You're an auror in training, you can grab the things we need to prove it."
Wondering who "we" meant, a familiar man moved out from under a cloak, making you jump.
"My apologies," he whispered, though amused.
Pressing a hand to your chest, you looked to Sebastian as he changed back to his original form.
"Look, I'm already under suspicion for just having ties to both of you."
Startled, Sebastian looked to Felix. "Both of us?"
"Yeah, he killed my mother."
Felix's eyes flickered closed as he sighed and moved to try explaining.
"I'm not broken up about it."
Their eyes widened in shock, before Sebastian babbled out random noises, before shaking his head. "Why would you-"
"Not the time Sebastian. Anyone could be around and recognize you," you said quickly, knowing he'd be curious about it being you never spoke of your past before.
Felix held out a piece of parchment. "This is the location of the documents and the password to the safe. Once you're safely away, read them and you'll know we're telling the truth."
Staring at Sebastian for a moment to gauge how serious he was about this, you took the parchment.
"Fine."
He visibly deflated and smiled. "Thank you."
Nodding, you reached into your pocket and took Sebastian's wand out.
"You did keep it," he whispered taking it carefully.
"You should go before you're seen."
You jumped when Sebastian rested his hand on your shoulder. "Thank you, I'll be around."
You nodded as Felix let him climb under the cloak.