Chapter 7, feeling alone

You stared blankly at the darkening sky. Ominis was nursing the same tea for the last four hours, lost in thought.
Sebastian was pacing behind you as Felix tried to keep all of you calm, not that you were paying attention.
"We're going to need a lot of help," Ominis muttered, sounding ten times louder after being silent for so long. "We can't do this on our own. Even you said you didn't expect all of that."
"I know, but." You felt Sebastian's eyes on your back, before he continued. "That's not the forefront worry right now."
You heard his footsteps move up behind you. "I'm sorry, if I'd have known."
"I took great lengths to ensure no one did. It's why I couldn't be involved with whether you went to Azkaban or not," you admitted, the fresh reminder of that nights made you shiver.
"She only told me about her side after I moved in," Ominis added, slowly. "Waking up to your roommate's nightmares, was practically constant for both of us."
Telling people you've been put under the Imperious curse was the last thing you wanted. Even telling Ominis was out of necessity. Though, you were grateful the documents didn't go into detail of what happened.
Tingles shot through your body as warmth was draped over your shoulders.
You looked down seeing Sebastian's coat, as he moved to stand between you and Ominis. "Are you two okay?"
"Things are going to get worse, aren't they?"
Sebastian looked over at your small voice, but it was Felix who spoke.
"Yes, much worse. Taking down a criminal organization such as this isn't going to be a walk in the park. Dark wizards will be after us, good wizards too. We'll be completely alone."
"No," Ominis said hurriedly. "Natty, Poppy, Garreth, even some of the teachers might help us."
"That's assuming they'd believe us," you replied, looking his way. "Draken has probably already spun a story and they probably have all the routes to Hogwarts blocked off."
"Not all," Sebastian jumped in, locking eyes with you. "Not ones they can't see."
You saw Felix's brows bunch. "Excuse me?"
"The three eyed witch's statue path entrance is still in Hogsmeade, we'll be seen before we can even get inside."
Sebastian moved closer, confusion only adding to yours. "Not that path. The one to the undercroft from Feldcroft."
"She hasn't used that magic since you were locked up and Fig died," Ominis said after realizing you weren't going to.
You looked back out of the window when Sebastian's eyes widened.
"Oh?" Felix asked, shifting a little closer.
"Its nothing," you shot his way, before looking directly at Sebastian. "Find a different plan."
"There is nothing else. You even said they'll have the castle surrounded."
"No."
You began to head back towards the room you woke up in.
"But-"
"Stop Sebastian," Ominis said sharply. "You will not be able to change her mind. Let's work out something else."

     Hiding under the blankets felt futile, but you enjoyed feeling like you could block out the world or the memories plaguing your breath, haunting your very soul.
Footsteps moved into the room as you quieted yourself down, trying to pretend you weren't just covering your mouth to cry quietly.
You felt someone sit on the bed behind you, not saying anything for a long while before a sigh pushed itself free.
"I know I don't have any right to ask, but none of us can think of anything else," Sebastian whispered.
You squeezed your eyes shut, hoping he'd take your silence as you had fallen asleep.
The blankets behind you moved, giving you barely enough time to tilt your head towards the pillow before he climbed under your fort with you.
He curled his arm around you and pulled you tightly to him.
"I know you and Fig were close and I am sorry to ask this-"
"But you're going to anyway," you whispered, feeling him tense at the tears in your voice.
His fingers brushed against your cheek, trying to wipe away the tears he couldn't see.
"This isn't working," he mumbled, before he shifted and climbed over you to lay on the other side.
You ended up laughing, not even caring that he pulled the blankets off your head, because he got tangled in them and was now cocooned.
"Happy now?"
Thrown by the seriousness in his face, you felt guilt build in your throat as he wrangled his arm free.
"No, I haven't been happy in a long time," he whispered, a dark look over his face, but he broke free quickly.
Not sure what to say to that, you busied yourself with the tassels on the pillow.
"I regret everything that happened," he admitted, though you weren't sure if he was talking to you or himself. "I lost everything while trying to keep it. I didn't realize it until the anger...the desire to save someone I loved faded and I was left in a cell. Felix was one reason the dementors didn't drain everything out of me. He told me things he thought his daughter was doing that day. How happy he was that she looked more like him than her mom."
He stared up at the ceiling, so lost in memories, you wondered if he realized he was crying.
You reached over and gingerly wiped the tear away as it rolled down his cheekbone, drawing his gaze to you, squishing your hand between his cheek and the pillow.
"I wasn't trying to toy with your feelings back then. I was angry that I drove you away."
Not wanting this topic right now, you moved to pull your hand back, but he caught it as he shifted his body towards you.
"I really did like you, ever since that first day in class, you made yourself at home and never left."
Not sure if he was telling the truth or trying to butter you up to ask you to use your magic, you stared at your hands.
"You don't believe me, do you?"
"No," you replied almost instantly as you met his eyes.
Shock and hurt fought for a spot on his face before he sighed in defeat. "I guess, I deserved that." His jaw clenched as his eyes drifted back towards the ceiling. "Was there ever a time you liked me?"
You blushed at being out in the spot, nearly ripping the tassel off the pillow, your silence making him look over.
"You're blushing."
In a fit of embarrassment, you lifted off the pillow and flopped it over his face.
"Shut it."
He peaked your way from under his new covering, while you propped your head up on your elbow.
"Have you ever known me to shut up?"
"Fair point," you laughed as he moved closer, the pillow being shoved aside.
"There is one sure way to get me to be quiet."
"The silencing charm?"
He smirked, knowing you knew what he meant.
His fingers brushed against your chin, making your skin break out in tingles and goosebumps, which only worsened as his hand slide to the side of your neck.
He leaned close enough his features blurred.
"I'm not using my magic to get into the undercroft," you said, your voice cold as fear prickled and anger sparked.
He paused, before pulling back, hurt laced his features as he stared back at you. "Was I really that manipulative?"
"Yes," you and Ominis said at the same time as he walked into the room. "You constantly used her feelings to get what you wanted."
You sat up and moved to the foot of the bed, while he watched, feeling the rift between you widen.
"What we need to worry about, is if we can even get the teachers to listen to us," you pressed so you didn't have to continue the awkwardness. "Professor Sharp might have a hard time believing what we've found."
"I actually have an idea, but it's going to take a while to put it into place." Felix said walking in holding a mandrake leaf. "We're going to become animagi." 
"Poppy would probably walk us straight in," Ominis replied, getting you to laugh.