˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 01 - SERENDIPITOUS

SERENDIPITOUS

adj. - happening by chance in a beneficial way

Clyde didn't consider a kick in the shin worthy of a full-blown fight, but this was Eric Cartman, and he had a temper like a bitch at the best of times.

Students surrounded them in a lop-sided circle, cheering and shouting.

"DECK HIM IN THE FACE!" someone yells - probably Craig - and Clyde acts on impulse, his tightly clenched fist connecting with Cartman's soft, snub nose. It makes an unnatural cracking noise, and his hands fly up to touch it. Clyde watches him move them away, watches Cartman's eyes widen at the strings of blood connecting his hands and nose.

"You fucking asshole." Cartman grumbles, and Clyde almost feels triumphant. Before all the air is knocked out of him by a swift punch to the stomach.

He steps back, winded, and it's all Cartman needed to see. Clyde hears some students groan, others still cheering, as he clutches his stomach. He looks up, eyes connecting with fiery brown ones, and winces at the harsh, full force blow he receives under his chin. God, Cartman can punch. Then again, Clyde shouldn't be surprised he's strong, with all the extra weight he's carrying.

Cartman makes a move to push him into the lockers behind them, and a few students in the possible firing line scurry away. He grips the fabric of Clyde's jacket but before he can do anything Clyde yanks his hair, causing him to stumble backwards slightly. Cartman shakes it off, and Clyde's moment to breathe was sharply interrupted by a jab to his cheek. He wouldn't be surprised if that lost him a tooth. And if that hadn't caused permanent damage, the series of blows Cartman unleashes on his shoulder and face surely will. It hurts like a bitch, and Clyde has to scrunch his eyes up to stop the inevitable tears from escaping his eyes. Crying during a fight was bad enough, but with Cartman? A one way-ticket to Loser Town. He tries to hit back, fists flailing, pounding on his back but not quite hard enough for Cartman to relent. He probably hasn't even noticed.

Until finally, thankfully, Clyde feels himself being roughly tugged away from Cartman. He isn't sure who pulled him off, but Cartman looks distinctly pissed off at them.

It is, disappointingly enough, Craig. Clyde could recognise that nasally voice anywhere.

"Come on, Clyde. You were never going to win this, let's go see the nurse."

Craig's exasperated tone is lost on Clyde. He is too focused on giving Cartman the biggest, hardest glare he'd ever given anyone, and flipping him off with both bloodied hands.

Cartman just smirks, letting himself be dragged away by Stan and Kyle. He's clearly relishing in the win, with only a bleeding nose and bruised shin to show for it.

That smug bastard.

Clyde sits in a chair outside the nurse's office, and snivels. Fat, wet globs of tears land on his mittens and sleeve, turning the red fabric a deep crimson. It reminds him of Cartman's bloody nose. He sobs again, and draws his knees in closer to his body. No one needs to see him like this. Clyde isn't a crybaby anymore.

"A-are you okay?"

What kind of bullshit question is that?, Clyde thinks. He's crying, of course he's not okay. He wipes a tear from his cheek as he looks up.

"Not really."

Scott Malkinson's face is contorted with worry, brows furrowed and eyes wide, "Sorry, it was a stupid thing to ask."