˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 06 - EFFERVESCENCE

EFFERVESCENCE

noun - producing bubbles, bubbly

"Craig!!" Clyde yells, running full speed towards his target. Craig turns around, only to be knocked a couple steps back.

"Aw- fuck, dude. Objects in the mirror are heavier than they appear." he grumbles, pushing Clyde off his back, "Whaddya want?"

"Ugh, I'm not that heavy. You're just weak."

Craig rolls his eyes at Clyde's indignant comment, "Whatever."

"Fine. If you're gonna be pissy I'll have to ask someone else for my life-changing advice." Clyde crosses his arms and huffs, "Like..." he pauses, "Bebe."

"God, don't ask Bebe for advice. She doesn't know her ass from her tits."

"Woah. Harsh." Clyde rattles the pen she gave him yesterday, that he hasn't returned yet. It jingles, a clashing melody cut short by Craig grabbing it.

He turns it over in his hands, "Why don't you ask Tolkien or something?"

"I thought you'd know better than him." Clyde tries to snatch the pen back but Craig holds it in the air. He sticks his tongue out at Clyde's pout.

"When would I ever give better advice than Tolkien? He's the smart one."

"It's about..." Clyde leans in close to Craig's ear, "Gay." while he's there he grasps the pen back, pom-pom fluff itching with his sleeve.

Craig pushes him off, "Christ, chill. I thought you weren't dating Scott anyway."

"How do you know it's about him?!" Clyde exclaims, eyes wide. He nearly drops the pen.

Craig pinches the bridge of his nose, "Who else would it fucking be, Clyde?" he sighs.

"Oh geez... Do you think he knows?!"

"I don't know dude." Craig folds his arms and he and Clyde start walking, "Why don't you ask him?"

"Holy shit Craig. I'm starting to think you're dumber than me." Clyde punches Craig's shoulder.

He punches Clyde back, "No way. That's not even possible. So why don't you?"

"Because!!" he scratches the top of his head in frustration, messing his hair.

"Because what?"

"I'm gonna ask someone else."

"Wow, sorry I can't read your mind." Craig grumbles. He turns his head to Clyde, "Hey, you alright?"

Craig looks worried about him. Not that that's necessary, "Chill. I just didn't sleep well last night."

More like he barely slept at all. But Craig doesn't need to know that.

"Too busy being gay about your new crush?" Craig teases him and all earlier tension is blown away.

He pulls the front of Craig's chullo over his eyes, "Shut up. You're one to talk, anyway."

"Are you accusing me of losing sleep because I was reconsidering my entire life choices?" Craig pulls Clyde's hand away by the wrist, "You need to stop thinking again. Thinky Clyde is weird."

"I always think!!" he shakes his wrist out of Craig's grip, pulling down his mittens to his sleeve, "Just 'cause I'm not as smart as you doesn't mean I don't."

"Your stupidity and lack of thoughts are not mutually exclusive."

Clyde deadpans, and stops in his tracks, "Shut up Craig." he frowns, "Where do you think he is right now?"