˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 02 - IDYLLIC

IDYLLIC

adj. - peaceful or happy

"Hey, Clyde." Craig greets him with a fist-bump.

"Hey, Craig." Clyde replies, frowning at the newly scrawled graffiti on his locker. Judging by the juvenile insults, it must be from Cartman.

Craig glances over it before addressing the slurs on his own locker. "Cartman is such an asshole. Does he seriously have nothing better to do?"

He snickers, punching Craig lightly on the shoulder, "Of course not. No one likes him, he might as well give them a reason not to." Clyde opens his locker and takes out a couple of books and a chewed up pencil.

"Are you coming to the park with us later?"

Shit. Clyde forgot about that. "No, sorry. I already have plans with someone else."

"Oh. You and Bebe finally sorted shit out?"

Clyde shuts his locker and leans back against it. "Not Bebe. I don't like her like that anymore, anyway."

"Then who?" Craig raises an eyebrow.

Clyde debates his answer. Lying about Bebe would have probably been a good idea, since hanging out with Scott Malkinson doesn't exactly earn him cool points. But who is Craig to judge Clyde's choice of friends? Their entire friend group is full of weirdos.

But then again, it's Scott. No one likes Scott. They don't even try to tolerate him.

Except Clyde, apparently.

He sighs, "I told Scott Malkinson I'd hang out with him."

Craig slams his locker closed, and Clyde winced at the noise. "Malkinson?! Really?!"

"Yeah." He watches Craig frown, and shift his books in his arms.

"You're ditching us for Scott Malkinson."

"I wouldn't call it ditching-"

"Clyde. You're not serious." Clyde feels his palms start to sweat under Craig's stare.

He swallows. "I am."

Craig studies him for a couple of seconds before turning around, "Have fun."

Clyde watches the yellow tassels on Craig's chullo bounce up and down as he walks. Fucking idiot. He's allowed to have other friends, it's not as if their group are the only nice people in the school (even if it often feels like that).

He knows Craig has a point, but he pushes that to the back of his mind and walks down the corridor towards the counsellor's office. Sighing to himself, he mentally prepares for the hour ahead.

Clyde feels sick to his stomach as soon as he reaches the door.

He pulls the handle down and swallows. Now isn't the time for tears.

"Nice of you to join us Clyde. Now take a seat beside Cartman, mkay?"

He shuffles over and sits on the other chair in front of the desk. Glancing over at Cartman, Clyde notes the look of distaste on his face. Clearly neither of them wanted to be there.

"Now then boys..."

Clyde immediately tunes out. Mackey says something about treating your friends with respect and kindness. He talks about not knowing your own strength.

Yeah, Cartman. Try to be respectful some time.

Clyde doesn't say it out loud, but he really wants to.