Cosmic Kids & The Frightmare

Here's the next chapter, please tell me if this chapter is missing anything! Another holiday-based chapter! Thanks to ECHO-173 for helping make this chapter! Early Happy Halloween!

*****

It was a bright day in Royal Woods, out on the roads to Royal Woods High School, Maggie and her mother were driving back to school, the young goth looked more annoyed than anything while her mother looked furious and disappointed, why? Her daughter was caught ditching school. Maggie rolled around a stone in the shape of a sharp diamond with a deep gray glow.

Maggie: Uuuugh! This sucks.

Maggie's Mom: What sucks? The fact you're about to be grounded for the next two weeks for ditching school or that you got caught ditching school?

Maggie: Yes... It was boring and those annoying jerks were there again.

Maggie's Mom: Well of course they were there, they go to the same school... Maggie, why are you like this?

Maggie: It still sucks... I just don't like it there... The people there don't like me either.

Maggie's Mom: Sweety, don't say that, I know you have friends there, it will be rough sometimes but that is life, it has its ups and downs but things tend to have a bright side to it... how about when we get home you call your friend Luan Loud over and she can help you study for the class you missed today.

Maggie: Yeah, I could talk to a friend too... thanks Mom, for the advice and also for not being mad at me.

Maggie's Mom: Oh, I'm still mad, just enough to look positive for you dear, always remember though, I'll still love you no matter-- What in the world?!

Suddenly, a car slid in front of them, causing Maggie's mother to slam her foot on the brakes. The car ahead slid by like it was on ice, despite the driver inside visibly trying to stop. A man in a purple jumpsuit with yellow boots and gloves was on top of the car, he had a large bag of money in one arm. Their car collides with the sliding car causing the airbags to deploy.

Frost-Fire: Slips!

The man going by the name Slips, turned to see Frost-Fire, Psyke, and Nano charging at him.

Slips: Hohoh! So you've finally caught up to me!

Nano: This guy has both the dumbest name and powers!

Frost-Fire: Power, he can just make things near him lose all their friction from the looks of it, but you are right, both that and his name sucks. Doesn't even stay if he gets too far from what he uses his power on.

Psyke: Good then I can just grab them with my power, I'll sneak around to keep him busy.

Frost-Fire and Nano nod as Psyke portals around

Slips: Foolish heroes! You can never stop the mighty power of-- Why can't I feel the ground? (sees he is floating, he turns to see Psyke behind him holding him up) Oh...

Nano then hovered over to Slips, forming a machine fist, getting ready to punch them but stopped only a single inch away before flicking them on the forehead, knocking them out due to it being a giant metal fist.

Psyke: Well that was too easy. (drops Slips)

They then heard screaming and noticed the car that had crashed due to Slips. The heroes ran over with Nano ripping off the car door to see Maggie and her mother, the latter looking worse for wear as it seemed her airbag didn't go off.

Frost-Fire: We got injured! Psyke!

Psyke: On it!

While Psyke opened a portal to their base to grab the healing stone, Nano and Frost-Fire removed the two from the car.