The Tour

"Over here is the Brightstone graveyard. It's said to be chockfull of dead vampires." -D

"Dead ones?" -Z

"Yep. No one's really quiet sure, although I don't suppose you know of any vampires, do you?.." -D

"Well of course not..! I would be absolutely horrified if I encountered a vampire.. Just like any other normal being.." -Z

"Right.. Would you like to check out the graveyard?" -D

"S-sure.." -Z

Zim was afraid that Dib might have suspected him of being a vampire. Its not like he was though.. Dib sure was asking a lot of questions though. Did he not trust Zim?

The two walked into the yard of the formerly alive and heard a branch crack.

"What was that?" Dib exclaimed, a bit of fear in his voice. He turned around, frightened. Out of no where a wolf pup appeared.

"Gir! There you are!" Zim popped. He hadn't seen him in a while. He just ran off without saying a word. "Gir, where have you been?-" Zim stopped. He found in Gir's mouth a tube. A tube of some kind of liquid. "What's that?" Dib questioned. "N-nothing!" Zim shouted quite loud, while grabbing the tube and hiding it behind his back suspiciously. "What is it? Let me see." Dib said trying to grab it.

"I-It's nothing! Don't worry about it!" -Z

"Just tell me what it is." -D

"No, you don't need to know!"

"Zim, tell ms already!" -D

"I said.. N◇!"

Zim spontaneously yelled. The sound nearly echoing. It made Dib jump and fall with how loud the booming sound was. "Okay, Zim! This has gone on far too long!" Dib stood up. "You have been so suspicious lately! First, you come out of no where, your pale skin, and very questioning looks! Second, you ask for a 'tour' and it seems like your afraid to go into the graveyard! I mean, I get it! It's a graveyard! It seems like nearly every single one is haunted with the paranormal! And lastly, your wolf happens to show up with a tube contained with some kind of liquid that you keep hiding!"

"Dib. Keep it down. You'll wake them up. They don't like being disturbed in their slumber."

"What? Who's they?! I knew you were up to something! What are you hiding?! Who are you really!?"

"I said..

"QUIET!!"

Zim covered his mouth as soon as the words had left his tongue This time the sound did echo and made the ground slightly rumble.

Whispers. Multiple. Coming out of every direction. It felt like beings were judging them. But what beings? Ghosts? Trolls? Not sure, but the whispers were getting louder and louder every second.

"Run. RUN!" Zim exclaimed and grabbed Dib's hand. Dark shadow figures started at them getting closer every few seconds. They tried heading for the gate, but it had closed. Zim lifted Dib up which was a big task since Zim was significantly shorter than Dib but he pushed through. Dib was at the top of the gate, reaching for Zim's hand but the gate was too tall. Zim tried climbing, small trills coming out of him. Dib was weirded out by the noises but had seen and heard worse. He tried stretching as far as he could. Then he realized-

"Zim! The bars! You're skinny enough, try to slide through!" Zim found that he was right and slid through the bars.

[Bark!]

Barking and whining made Zim stop, his heart too, it felt like. Gir. Zim took off back to the graveyard, hardly thinking. "Zim, no! It's too dangerous! We don't know what those things even are!" Dib chased Zim back. Gir was behind the bars, significantly far because of his small legs. Zim slid through the bars once more and picked up Gir. "Dib, catch!" He didn't really know Dib, he just accused him of being suspicous. Dib could've done anything with the pup. Eaten him, sell him, kill him just for entertainment. Zim just wanted Gir to be safe. And if he risked his life for Gir, he wanted Gir to know that he had died for him. Dib caught him and placed him down. And reached out for Zim through the bars. He didn't know why. If Zim really was a vampire, he could kill the entire town. So why was Dib saving him? Was it Zim's eyes? Were they hypnotizing him? Or was it just the fact that a living being would be killed before his eyes? It didn't matter anymore, Dib couldn't rethink his decision. Zim had already grabbed on to his hand and slid through the bars a third time with the help of Dib pulling him through. They both fell to the ground, still processing what had happened. The dark shadows ceased, as if the couldn't morph through the bars. Like there was some kind of barrier stopping them. Still, the two's breathing was still at a rapid pace. Their lives flashing before their eyes. After they had calmed down they looked at each other. "Why.... Why did you save me..?" Zim asked calmly. "I mean- you suspected I was a vampire. If I was, I could devour your whole town."

"I.. I dont really know why.. I saw how you risked your life for the animal. You trusted me enough to hold it and catch it. I could've not caught it, I could've done anything with it. But you risked your life for it and still trusted me with it. I guess I just didn't want a loving being to die in front of me."

"Him."

"What?"

"The dog is a him. His name is Gir. And your right. You could've done anything with him. You could have missed the catch. But you didn't. You caught him and safely placed him down. So that's what matters. I risked my life for him and we're all safe."

"Yeah. You're right."

"So you said your name was Zim, right?"

"Yeah."

"How did you know mine?"

"Well your dad is the town's famous vampire hunter. I was bound to hear about him and his two kids."

They both walked back to the town, Gir in Zim's hands. The tube in his pocket..

The end of this chapter!