The Fear

"He hunts vampires!?" Zim said in fear, trying to not give off a fearful tone. "Yeah, he does a great job at it! He's able to tell who is a vampire by just looking at them! There was Lady Crawley, Sir Bloaty- Bloaty, I think was a Pig vampire actually, he always looked a bit pink and always hid his ears. They ended up being pig ears.. I mean to be truthful, every secret vampire hides their ears." Dib stopped. He looked at Zim. He realized he too, was hiding his ears. He didn't want to poke, but he remembered that he thought he was a vampire. He also saw that Zim was nervous. Dib was a little scared, but he trusted Zim, he would never hurt Dib. They've been alone near each other multiple times. Zim could've attacked him at any moment. If he was a vampire.. It didn't matter. But just to be safe, Dib wanted to try and get a look at Zim's ears. "So- Zim." Zim looked at Dib, he was spacing out. "Y-yes, Dib?" He replied shakily. "Where do you live?" He asked. "I-I don't have a place to live. I just sleep wherever. Why..?" Zim replied. "Maybe you could sleep here?" Dib suggested. Zim looked down. He was afraid of Dib's father. "I don't know.."

"Why not?"

"I-I'm just... not comfortable being contained! Yeah.."

"It's just one night! You can leave if you don't want to stay a second night. I can ask my father for permission."

"You're father seems frightening.. I don't want to bother him with my presence.."

"I can sleep outside with you!"

"Well.. there's a vampire out. Don't want you getting hurt do we?"

"You're outside. It's dangerous for you too."

Zim didn't have any excuses this time. Dib would continue to persist, as if he knew what Zim was going to say, and came up with a reply within a millisecond.

"F-fine. Just.. one night.."

"Splendid! I'll ask my father." Dib did care about Zim sleeping outside. What if he wasn't a vampire? But if he was, Dib would figure that out at night. He planned to take a peek at Zim's ears during his slumber.

"Let me go check with my dad. He's outside dealing with the crowd. Want to come?"

"I'll just stay here.."

"Okay.."

Yay, another short chapter.. yahoo..