Chapter Three: First Impressions

Min Yoongi swore as he slid down the side of the Jeon's warehouse. The building housed their weapons, Drive crates from The Kims, and boxing equipment the gang sold as a cover business. Yoongi sucked in a breath, taking a second to steady himself before popping his shoulder back into place and cursing through the flash of white-hot pain.

"Parks." He hissed, wiping his mouth as he leaned his head against the warehouse to catch his breath. A group of Park kids had attacked the place, catching Yoongi as he was leaving. Jungkook kept his Drive deal with The Kims completely under wraps from the other gangs, so the young mafia members could've have known what was being stored in the building other than Jeon weapons.

Yoongi hated two things in this world: the stair-master and idiots. The five Park members easily fell into the second category. They probably only came to the warehouse on a dare in the first place. It was the only reason Yoongi could come up with for them to try for the Jeon guns - they weren't exactly what Yoongi would call strategists.

He hadn't looked to fucking murder the kids, but a couple broken noses would do them some good. Maybe he could punch some sense into them. Unfortunately, the tallest of the group managed to get a good couple of hits in while Yoongi was distracted. Two of them ganged up on him, dislocating his arm while another punched him in the chin. Having enough, Yoongi pulled out his gun and shot one of them in the thigh. It was enough to scare the kids off, causing them to scatter away like scared rats.

"Came back for seconds?" Yoongi coughed, looking up at Seoul's night sky as he heard feet scrape the ground. There were no stars out, the city's light pollution never let them shine through, but Yoongi liked to bleed the colors of the skyscrapers together and imagine that they were the stars blinking back at him. Slowly, he lowered his chin, then frowned.

"Help." A voice sweeter than honey said as a man stepped out into the lamp light outside the warehouse. Yoongi's spine straightened. This wasn't a Park. He knew the gang's type; delicate didn't usually make the cut. The kid looked like he might be in his lower twenties, his muscles lined like a ballet dancer's. He was cupping his side, his shirt torn revealing angry bruises. His ribs were a storm of color, his chin littered with cuts and there was dried blood on his lips. His hair was a mess like he'd been pulled by it and sweat covered his neck as he limped with each step.

The stranger's dark eyes met Yoongi's own.

"Did those kids do this to you?" Yoongi asked, standing up. His movements were slow, almost lazy, but Yoongi's voice sounded like murder. Attacking Yoongi was one thing, attacking someone helpless was another.

The stranger didn't answer right away. His eyes darted quickly across Yoongi's face like he was assessing him, trying to calculate what Yoongi's play was. The caution made Yoongi sigh.

Seokjin was going to kill him if he brought back another stray. Yoongi could already hear the head of intel's whining voice in the back of his head: 'There isn't time to train new members, Yoongi. Just focus on who you already have! Make them better first!'

"How about we start with names?" Yoongi said. "I'm Min Yoongi. I'm The Jeons' Head of Arms. I won't hurt you."

The boy's eyes flickered then with the strangest thing then: amusement. Yoongi blinked and the look was gone. "My name's Jimin." The injured boy said. He reached a hand to the lamp-post next to him, supporting his body up. "Please, help me." Jimin said and the lamp flickered causing shadows to dance across his soft face. "I'll die out here."

"Where'd you come from?"

Again, the shadows flickered. "Busan. I was chased out of there. Please, help me. I don't know this city."