[CLOSED] Spring Equinox: Ostara

It's time to celebrate the moment between the darkest winter and the height of summer. At the equinox, Ostara brings night and day into exact balance — it's the day when the hours of sunlight perfectly match those of moonlight, before the days get longer as we progress into summer.

It's time to celebrate rebirth and life on this mortal plane.

Which prompt will you choose to follow this Spring Equinox and how will it all incorporate into your Urban Setting?

PROMPTS: 

     ✸     Ostara is a time when the goddess is in her maiden stage, crossing from childhood innocence to adult passion, with the potential of fertility and growth, as well as a readiness to be reborn.

     ✸     Celtic myths of Ceridwen and Herne the Hunter, or the Greek Persephone returning from the Underworld to bring life back to the world.

     ✸     It is common practice to celebrate this time in nature observing the effects of the astrological union of sun and earth.

Write a short story following one or more of the three prompts above, showcasing how your Urban Fantasy Creature celebrates the Spring Equinox. 

GUIDELINES: 

     ✸    Deadline for submission: April 30th, 23:59 EST. 

    ✸     Word count: 1000 - 1500 words.

    ✸     The entries must be in English.

    ✸     The entry must be written for the above prompts. It cannot be a pre-written story and must be written specifically for the contest. Your entry can be written as a stand-alone, or part of an existing collection. However, if you write in an existing collection, you'll need to link to the chapter in the submissions form for your story to be eligible, not the stories details page.

    ✸     Only one entry per user.

    ✸     Mature stories are not accepted in the contest.

    ✸     Your story must be Urban Fantasy as a genre or subgenre.

    ✸     Please pay attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Creativity and relevance to the prompt will also be taken into consideration during judging.

    ✸     Your story must follow Wattpad's Content Guidelines

Submissions must be made via this link.

You're welcome to share your entry in the comment section, but only doing so will not make your story eligible for judging. 

PRIZES: 

     ✸    A shoutout from the CitifiedFantasy profile.

     ✸    A custom sticker will be given to the winning entry(s).

     ✸    A slot in the reading list if it is a stand-alone.

     ✸    The winning entry(s) will be added to the Anthology book of CitifiedFantasy if the winner agrees.