Chapter Seven

"Tom!"
Said boy rolled his "eyes", clicking his tongue at me,
"What is it today?"
"Not sure yet, where do you wanna go??" I squeaked, smiling mischievously.
He paused, looking to the side as he pondered.
Odd, he usually just dismisses any attempt to hang out. I guess he does want to do something today.

Oh, I know!

We both seemed to come up with an idea at the same time, stumbling over eachother.
"Oh, sorry, what'd you have in mind?" He frowned, tilting his head with an embarrased look.
How cute, he usually doesn't show such vulnerability.
I'd thought he'd joke about me talking over him or, 'why ask me what I wanna do if you are gonna pick anyhow?',
But he apologized, and seemed embarrassed.
Embarrassed?
Who even is this? Not my Tom. Not the one he usually shows me at least.

I took a moment to collect my thoughts before answering,
"You mentioned not having a comfortable bed, so I thought we could go get you one!", I leaned closer, putting a hand up to obscure my face to anyone who might pass by,
"Maybe take a quick nap."
I gave him a mischievous wink, nudging him with my elbow.
He cracked a smile, tilting his head up,
"What's gotten into you? Looking for trouble? Ah, well, I guess that does sound like you, but why a bed? You have one in your own home, y'know?"
I gave him my 'puppy eyes', clasping my hands together,
"But what about when I come over? The couch is too small."
He huffed, now immersed in the playfulness of our conversation, wearing a big lopsided grin,
"Are you taking me to get a bed just for you? So spoiled!"
I grinned, trying to resist giggling like a kid,
"To share! Not just for me!"
"Oh? To share, huh? Share how?"
I gave a genuine smile, forgetting to jest and just feeling happy now,
"Like the couch the last time I was over! Like a slumber party! If we can share a couch, we could share a bed! Then there'd be more space and you would fit on it-"
He pushed his hand down onto my head, cackling as he moved his hand back and forth, messing up my hair,
"I fit on the couch, thank you very much!"
He stopped rustling my hair and just gently pat my head,
"Though, I suppose it's not a bad idea. Let's go."
I angrily huffed as I pushed his hand off my head before combing my fingers through the hair, trying to get out the little knots he created.
Off to the mattress store!

***

The eyeless boy let out a sigh as he flopped onto a memory foam bed,
"This one." He groaned lowly, throwing an arm over his eyes as he left out another smaller sigh.
I held my stomach as I laughed, trying not to keel over.
"Tom. You said that after laying on each bed so far."
"I have low standards."
"Then what's wrong with your bed?"
"It managed to fall below those standards."
"Oh, wow."

I flopped onto the bed next to him, setting my hands on my stomach as I let out a breath.
I turned my head to look at Tom, who was still covering his eyes,
"This is nice. Maybe you were right about this one."
I saw the corners of his lips draw into a smile as he let out a small snicker,
"Oh?"
He moved his hand to rest on his forehead, turning a bit to look at me,
"I don't know, my heated blanket is too far away."
I rolled my eyes,
"Fine, fine. I'll move closer."
I rolled on top of him, more or less, maybe more like had and arm over him as a wriggled to lay on about half of him, I guess.
He laughed at my lazy attempt of being a weighted blanket, gently pulling me a bit closer.
He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly as he set his chin on my head.
I started feeling drowsy, struggling to keep my eyes open.
Tom nudged his cheek against mine,
"Come now, we can't sleep here or we won't be allowed to buy the bed cause we'll get banned."
"Awe, but I'm tired."
"Well, is this the bed?"
"I don't know, is this your new bed, Tom?"

He smiled,
"You're the one who will be sleeping in it. When you're not around, I'll be on the couch."
"Ok, ok. This is the one then."

We scooched off the bed, wandering our way over to a sales person to verify the purchase.

***
Bonus:
Tom pov

Holy shit.
Holy shit.
I bought a bed, with Edd.
Like- like we're a couple-
Holy shit!
I've never felt so Euphoric picking out furniture.
I wonder if I can get him to come help me completely redecorate my home. I'd love my home to be filled with anything he picked.
Oh-
Wait.

I got a bed with him. One he likes and finds comfortable.
That is the gayest shit I ever done.
Especially since I want him to be in it as often as possible.
Preferably naked-