The Chef's Secret Project

Cup and Chalice hiked the mountain while Mugman floated behind. He seemed to have a difficult time keeping up with his friends. But why was this hike so hard when he didn't even have a body? It still felt as if it were weighing him down. But then he realized it wasn't his body that was having trouble. It was Tsundere. The weight of the demon on his soul really seemed to drag him down. For it was like he was traversing the mountain with a heavy dumbbell on his chest. Mug thought it was himself panting loudly, but it was the parasite that was huffing and puffing louder than he. Being in this ghostly state seemed to put a strain on the demon. The young mug knew that he would be sweating profusely if his body was in a form to allow it.

I'll get her to swap with us soon. I promise. He told Tsundere with a heavy breath.

Sh-shove a cookie down her throat if you have to! The demon panted.

Maybe we can get them to stop for a break-

"There!" Mugman called and pointed as he saw a bush with orange berries growing on it. They sure looked like the same type of berries that Saltbaker had drawn a picture of on the list.

"Good job, Mugs." Cup praised as the group gathered around the bush. They started to pluck the seeded orange fruits and plop them into the appropriately labeled container. The mountain started to rumble underneath them. A large head poked itself over the mountain pass. It towered over them, looking unhappy that they were trespassing on his mountain. One might have overlooked the face at first. For it looked just like stone until it grimaced, breaking the rocks into a million pieces. The rubble rained down to his feet far below. The male giant gave a grumble, blowing a harsh wind over the land. Not to mention it was foul smelling as well. His long white beard draped over the land like a blanket of snow. The hair crawled up his face, covering most of it. Only his eyes, small ears, and bright red nose stuck out from the thick pelt of hair.

"If little cups want Gnome Berries, they have to go through Glumstone first!" The giant boomed

"Fine by me." Chalice said, raring to go. "Let's go get 'em, Cuphead!"

"Right behind you!" The young cup then whispered over to his brother. "Keep picking the berries while we take care of this numskull."

"Sure thing." Mugman grumbled, hoping they would make this confrontation quick. As they fought the giant, Mug slowly picked the berries and watched as his brother and the female cup were working very well together. They seemed in sync with one another. As if they had been doing this for years now and it was nothing new to them. There was a churning in the mug child's ghostly stomach. He just assumed this was because their alliance was making him a bit jealous. It was like he was a third wheel now. Not Cuphead's first choice for a partner anymore.

As their battle with the giant came to a close, Mugman realized that feeling in his stomach had not gone away. That it was something more than just jealousy. A wave of nausea flowed over him. It became apparent that he needed to switch back with Ms. Chalice as soon as possible. His two friends approached him with their triumphant cups held high.