A Salty Situation Part 2

Mugman ducked around a couple aisles before coming upon the kitchen area where his brother was dueling with an oversized salt monster. Cup had gotten up close to shoot, hoping to deal some damage to Saltbaker. But no matter how much he shot at the chef, the salt always seemed to come back to the body. Two salty fists made contact with the young cup, one right after the other. He stumbled back a bit only to be slammed yet again by a salty arm that elongated itself and pinned him to the wall. Mug came charging in and brought his glowing fists down on the chef. The impact seemed to explode the salt monster. Cuphead fell to the ground as the connection between the arm and body was severed.

"Cuphead! Are you okay?" Mug rushed over to help his sibling up.

"I'm fine." Cup grumbled, not truly paying attention to who was helping him. When he realized it was his little brother, he became worried that he could still be hurt.

"Mugs! Are you both okay?"

"Yeah. Looks like the chef had some sort of energy drink and now we're ready to go!" Mugman boasted while his body was still glowing that blue color. He even flexed his porcelain muscles, trying to impress his brother.

Cuphead noticed the salt monster reforming.

"Uh, Mugs!" The young cup pointed behind Mug. They both averted their attention to their adversary.

"You escape the jar and steal my stuff? You are never leaving here!" Saltbaker threatened Mugman in a monstrous voice. His hands formed into the shape of mallets before slamming down at the boys. Cup and Mug dove in opposite directions to avoid the strike.

"Can't we just talk about this for a minute? I think there's a non-violent solution to this problem." The mug child tried to reason with the salt monster.

"Nope!" The chef said and slammed another mallet fist the mug's way. Mugman jumped out of the way.

Guess we're going to have to do this the hard way... and tire him out first. The demon said. Mug lunged close, sending a fist right at the monster's torso. His hand seemed to pass right through the salt. It wasn't until he tried to yank it back out did the salt particles tighten around his arm and prevent escape. Saltbaker merely smiled and brought down both his mallet hands onto the mug child.

"Ugh!" He squealed as his body was forced to the ground. His porcelain arm came out, but only because the salt monster allowed it. The heaviness of the salt only seemed to intensify as it changed shape. As if the properties of the salt grains adopted the traits of the items they morphed into.

"Mugman!" Cuphead called out in alarm. The young cup charged forward and let loose an enlarged blue blast from his fists. It detonated on Saltbaker's arm that was going to slam down on Mug again. The mug child took this opportunity to lash out with a kick. He temporarily took out the chef's legs. This caused the monster to drop a couple feet in height. Mugman got up and blasted him with his enhanced magic, making the salt explode again. It didn't take long for the salt creature to form again. The young mug turned around as the monster rose up behind him. He went to charge forward when he realized something had hold of his legs. Salt pockets left on the ground by the chef formed together and held his limbs firm.

Saltbaker advanced on the mug child. They both began to throw punches at one another. This fight was definitely feeling one-sided at the moment.

How are we supposed to beat this thing when it just keeps recovering? Mug wondered as his fist made a hole in Saltbaker's face. The salt monster grabbed his arms and gave a forceful head-butt. Mugman yelped and fell out of his salty ankle binds. His world seemed to spin for a few seconds.

"Mugs!" Cuphead cried. The young cup jumped and latched himself to the chef's head. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Saltbaker ignored the cup's words and merely pried the child off his head. He then used Cup as a shield from his brother. A salty arm wrapped snug around the cup's neck.