Allies

Once again, im tucked into bed right beside Finnick. Just being in his presence makes me feel much safer, but the fear of what's coming the next day keeps me from sleep.

The apartment is silent as I slip out of bed. My thirst has over powered my fear of being alone tonight, so I make my way into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of water.

The water feels like liquid gold as it soothes my dry throat. Before I can in for a second sip, im grabbed from behind.

A hand reaches over my mouth before I can scream as another hand slides under my shirt and over my chest.

"Hey there little Tia." Atlas whispers down into my ear.

I try to pull him off of me, but once again I'm over powered.

He kisses down the back of neck as he continues fondling me with steel grip. His hand rips my shirt open and he continues as he presses himself into my back.

My panic over takes me and I do the only thing I can think of doing.

I throw the glass still in my hand onto the floor, sending shards of glass everywhere.

The smash isn't as loud as I hoped, but it should still be loud enough to wake someone up.

I'm pushed the counter and my hip collided with the hard surface. One hand was held to hip, hoping to ease the pain, the other holding my shirt together as to not expose myself

"I'll kill you in the arena you bitch."

Atlas turned around and ran back towards his room.

Henry's door opened and Atlas is stopped as Henry surveys the situation.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Fucks sake leave the poor girl alone." Henry all but growls at the boy as he pushes Atlas back into his room.

"Tia? Oh Tia what happened?"

I hadn't even realised Finnick had appeared until his voice was beside me. He was moving carefully around the glass.

I didn't say anything as he picked me up and carried me back around the glass, back into his room.

I didn't even cry as he turned me around, pulling the ripped shirt off my body and replacing it with one of his own.

I simply sat there in silence, my whole body feeling numb.

He laid me down in the bed and covered me with the soft sheets.

The lock on the door clicked, then the spot beside me on the bed dipped.

I didn't say one word as I turned around, pulling myself into his chest. He didn't respond, just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer into him.

His warm arms managed to lull me into sleep.

I was filled with dread the moment I woke up.

At what had to be the crack of dawn Tiara woke us all up, allowed us to have a quick breakfast then rushed us all down the elevator and back to our stylists.

The elevator ride was the worst. We all had to be woken up together, and I had squished myself into the furthest corner possible away from Atlas.

His words from the night before kept ringing in my ears.

This was it. I was going to be in the arena in a matter of hours.

Just before the group parted Finnick grabbed me by my shoulder and forced me to face him.

"Remember Celestia, no one will hold anything you do in the arena against you. It's kill, or be killed." He said, his eyes dark.

I nodded, and before I could speak to him for what could be the last time, Neptune had whisked me away.