CHAPTER 16: OLD FRIEND

WWE Performance Center, Orlando, FL;

Jake is undergoes his rehab session at the PC under the doctor's surveillance.

"You look good, bro" said Cora.

"Well, I am a former WWE Champion after all" replied Jake.

"You sure have a big head nowadays" said Kay Lee while poking Jake's head.

"Give me a chance, sis" groaned Jake.

"Already did when you won the GHC Heavyweight title before. So, not now" replied Kay Lee.

"Did they already plan for your in-ring return?" asked Roxanne.

"No. It just only a month since that accident. I have 2 months left" replied Jake.

"Then, why don't you go talk to your childhood friend? I heard he'll be here in Orlando this weekend" asked Kay Lee.

"Who?" asked Jake in returned.

"The Island Sniper of course. Who else" replied Kay Lee.

"Oh, him. No, he didn't want to talk to me since that day" said Jake.

"Why not?" asked Kay Lee.

"The way I treated him that day is just like how my former teammates treated me after I was released from prison. Maybe what happened to me right now is a karma for what I did to him" replied Jake.

"The Island Sniper have a same history like you?" asked Cora.

"Yes. He used to be part of Manchester United youth squad with me. But, something happened causing him to get kicked out of the squad. Since then, he left professional football for good and started focusing in combat sport and music" replied Jake.

"And he holds grudge on you?" asked Roxanne.

"Not really. Just like I didn't want anything to do with my former teammates, he's just the same" replied Jake.

"Well, it's been a few years already. You should talk to him" said Kay Lee.

"I'll think about it. Why is he here anyways? Wrestle, MMA fight or music gigs?" asked Jake.

"Gigs. He'll perform with a local band here" replied Kay Lee.

"He did 3 jobs? That's crazy" said Cora.

"Well, he's hardworking. So, that's normal" replied Jake.

"Unlike you, lazy ass" said Kay Lee.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to side with me?" asked Jake. Kay Lee just giggled.

Later on;

Jake walked around the city alone when he saw his old friend with a guitar bag, drinking Mountain Dew while checking his mobile phone.

"Hello, mate. It's been a while" greeted Jake.

"Oh, it's you. Didn't I tell you to stay away from me?" asked The Island Sniper; Hariz Eagles.

"C'mon, bro. Are you still holding a grudge on me?" asked Jake.

"Aren't you the same towards the rest right now?" asked Hariz in return.

"Yes because none of them trust me at all" replied Jake.

"Oh, really. So you think that you and I can befriend again because now you trust me? Fuck off, mate" said Hariz.

"Look, mate. I'm sorry for what happened that time. She was my girlfriend that time" said Jake.

"And I was your fuckin' best friend for years. Both you and Tooney trusted her over me despite you know me since we're 6 years old. After what happened to you 4 years ago, all I can say is that you deserved it" replied Hariz before walked away and left Jake alone.