Chapter Twenty Two: For Better, For Worse

22. For Better, For Worse

4-15-2023

A/N: Majority of you didn't choose a song at the end of the previous chapter guys! I'd really like you guys to have a chance to choose something that happens in the story.

(';д;`)

ANYWAYS, did you guys watch the new episodes of Dr. Stone Season 3?! The first two episodes were so GOOD.

-----

An intense wind had come down the mountain. The time has come to protect the village from the citizens of Tsukasa's empire. Senku stood on the bridge, preparing for the the revived group to come and get him as you all hid away. Like a predator, you waited for your prey to take the bait. Then you heard the sound of leaves being crunched with every step, coming closer and heavier.

As all of you noticed Senku taking out the small flare, the wind blew out the flame that he had lit. That was the signal.

From under the bridge, all of you--you, Kohaku, Kokuyo, Chrome, Kinro, Ginro, and Magma--revealed yourselves from all directions. You stood in front of Senku as everybody else pushed forward.

"K-Katanas!" A revived member exclaimed in fear.

The citizens of Ishigami Village had cut down all of their stone weapons before their eyes, causing distress to the enemy.

"Exquisite... You've done right here, Kingdom of Science..." you heard Hyoga express amazement from the behind the warriors.

"The finishing touches might be a little off on some, but in this stone world of ours, they're far and beyond...they're the ultimate blades of science!" Senku declared.

He was right. With all the blades, they were crafted carefully. The shine of some of them were dull, but their sharpness was enough to cut a person down. In the corner of your eye, you saw an arrow being fired towards Senku. You quickly drew your sword to reveal a shiny, silver blade with engravings on it, and cut the arrow down before it touch even a hair on your friend's head. You looked in the direction of where the arrow came from, but couldn't see any anyone holding a bow.

You turned to the scientist. "You alright, Senku? I couldn't see where Haru shot the arrow from."

He nodded. "Yeah. That kid is smart. Even though the wind is strong, the they're calculating where the arrow will go when they fire it."

"Argh! Bad news, boss! They got us beat thanks to their weapons!"

"Ours is breaking apart!"

You heard panic in their voices, which caused you to smirk.

"It's not just your weapons," Hyoga said, holding his spear as though he was going to attack. "Your minds are also broken, it seems. Though I daresay that is Senku-kun and (Y/N)-kun's intention...putting on a show and flaunting their katanas. However, the Kan Ryu Style of my Kudayari spear will not lose to any sword!"

He started using his spear, spinning it around on the rig against Magma, Kohaku, and the two brothers. Unfortunately, Magma lost his katana over the bridge and stole one of Ginro's blades after Hyoga pushed them back. They stood a good distance away just to not get hurt.

"Other than (Y/N)-chan, the village's three strongest are Magma-chan, Kohaku-chan, and Kinro-chan! Take them down now, and it's our win, Hyoga-chan!" You saw Gen pop out of a bush from behind the masked man.

"I appreciate the tip, Gen-kun. Though that much is plenty obvious," said Hyoga.

This left the three strongest shocked. At first, they believed that Gen had triple-crossed them. However, Kinro believed it was a message from the mentalist, saying they should all attack at once. You would help them, but Haru was shooting arrows from what seemed like different directions at you and Senku. You kept a sharp eye out, all while protecting the scientist.