Chapter 2: New Roommate

After eating and gaining some biomass again, Nero turned on the TV and sat down on the couch. It occurred to him what to do with the girl.

The first thing to do is to separate things somehow, whether it's items or food and so on, if she does stay here. Naturally, he doesn't want to cause the other party any inconvenience. After thinking for a while, he got up and went to his room, taking some food with him.

When he opened the door, a small black and white dog in a cage caught his eye. He walked over to the cage, then opened it and let the dog out. It started barking at him as if to show its indignation. It looked very cute at first glance, being a puffy dog.

Nero squatted down in front of it, and then taking off his black gloves, reached out and gently began to stroke it. The dog finally stopped barking and gradually began to enjoy the stroking. This brought a smile to Nero's face, though he was still wearing his mask.

Placing a bowl in front of the dog, he poured food into it. Watching him begin to eat, Nero thought, "Will they give him the dog back or kill him?" Although it is cruel, he still has to decide, for if the dog is infected, he needs to get rid of it as soon as possible.

He can't just take the blood to be tested because if someone detects the virus, it will be harder and more dangerous.

With a little thought, he shook his head. He thought about how quickly the virus infected the hero of the game. By his estimate, it was pretty quick, though it was impossible to say for sure. But it still seemed like no problem. All that was left to do was to prepare some things, although he didn't bring it to such an exodus. But it couldn't be helped. He couldn't expose himself. After thinking about it, he looked at the dog again.

After waiting until the dog had finished its meal, he shoved it back into its cage, from which he received another disgruntled bark. Soon after taking the last of his money, he left the house and returned a short time later with a bag.

When he opened it, without taking off his gloves, he took out the cutlery and some other things he needed. Soon, he had everything ready. After freeing the dog, he lay down on the couch and began to think about what to do in the future. He couldn't sleep, so his thoughts were constantly flying. Some time later, he got up and went towards the kitchen.

He needed to absorb biomass in order to become stronger, in case it would be a guarantee. So, putting the meat in front of him, his hand rested on the meat. Soon, as before, red and black semblance of tentacles began to stretch out from his hand under his eyes.

The meat began to shrink and disappear before Nero's eyes. He could feel changes in his body. Throwing the bag into the trash, he took out another piece of meat.

This time, he did not consume it directly. He began to cook it. Although he didn't need to eat, cooking and eating were at least some way to keep up with the fact that his mind was still human. Soon, when he finally cooked the meat, he brought it to the chair and began to eat slowly. The main thing for him was taste, not quantity, so he didn't make a big portion. Though he wasn't that good at cooking, it was still satisfactory.

After doing all the chores, he went back and lay down on the couch. Pulling out his phone, he started reading a book. He noticed that his memory was getting so good that he could remember what he had glimpsed, so he also started reading books.

He chose biology because he wanted to understand how the virus works on him. Although he had basic knowledge from school in the past, he couldn't remember anything after graduation, so he had to start over. But it didn't take him long to go from the very basics to a level between middle school and high school.

Also, consider that although his memory is perfect, it's not a sign of his genius. Yes, he can memorize all of this material, but it would take him a long time to deduce anything from that information.