Chapter 4 Purpose?

Walking under the streetlights, Nero finally reached the house. A woman named Elissa had prevented him from leaving before he gave her his number. Nero eventually agreed and, before returning home, he took a moment to observe the bandits who were fortunately limping and walking toward what was likely a hospital.

Before entering the elevator, Nero asked the girl at the front desk if Ava was going outside. She told him that Ava was not leaving. He went upstairs, opened the closed door, and went in. However, he immediately stopped when he saw two people hugging each other on the couch. One person leaned toward the other, and they appeared to be kissing.

When Nero opened the door forcefully, there was a loud pop, alarming the two people on the couch. The guy who was with Ava looked at Nero and then stood up, walking toward him and yelling, "Who the hell are you!" Ava tried to stop him, but he was too angry to listen and continued walking toward Nero.

Nero had already guessed that the two were in a relationship, so he didn't want to cause any trouble. He raised both hands and said, "Take it easy, I'm related to her..." before the other person swung at him. However, Nero easily stepped to the right and avoided the punch.

Watching him stagger, Nero shifted his gaze to Ava and said, "Go calm him down." He then stepped forward and entered the kitchen. Christopher, after stabilizing himself, wanted to follow him, but Ava grabbed him and said, "Wait Christopher, he's my relative and the owner of this house."

When Nero heard their conversation, he didn't interfere. His hands were moving while he was making himself coffee. "Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I thought you'd misunderstand and-" Ava tried to explain, but Christopher interrupted her, "You said you lived alone!"

Christopher then grabbed Ava's hand and said, "No, it shouldn't be like that. You're going to come and live with me right now." Nero heard what the man said and spoke up, "She's not going anywhere, and if you don't let go of her hand right now, I'll throw you out of here."

These words made Christopher stop and stare at Nero furiously. "You asshole, if you don't shut up right now, I'm going to hit you." Ava pleaded with Christopher to stop and said, "Let's just talk."

Nero poured coffee into a cup, turned, and walked over to the two of them. He stood in front of Christopher and spoke, "Well, let's talk. If you don't agree, you can leave, but Ava won't go with you."

"Who do you think you are..." Speaking, he wanted to grab Nero by the collar, but before he could do so Nero's hand grabbed his arm. Feeling the firm grip on his arm Christopher finally calmed down a little.

With a snort, he turned and walked toward the living room, dragging Ava behind him, who was looking at Nero. Nero followed him and sat down across from them, sipping his coffee. He looked at Ava for a few seconds then spoke.

"So are you going to explain to me, or should I call your mother right away?"

Christopher looked at Nero with an angry look, Ava meanwhile heard these words and immediately became agitated and wanted to get up, but Christopher held her back.

"No, please she doesn't know about this. I wanted to tell her, but she's been busy lately so I couldn't tell her. I'll tell her myself so please don't tell her."

Looking at her worried look, Nero thought of her cold face a while ago.

"Then explain what's going on here, who this man is and what he's doing in my apartment." Speaking, he looked at Christopher, then shifted his gaze back to her.

"What do you care, it's her private life so it doesn't fit."

Before she could speak, Christopher spoke from the sidelines in an exasperated tone. Nero didn't say anything, just looked at him for a few seconds, then looked at Ava again.