Chapter 3 Transaction and Humanity

Looking around, Nero realized he was in trouble. He had some misgivings and suspicions, but now they were confirmed. It didn't seem like the place of good people, and he was right in the middle of it. His gaze fell on William, who was still smiling and standing on the other side of the table.

Except for those at the table, there were also those standing in the distance and behind the door through which they had come in. Nero wondered what to do, and one of those at the table spoke to William.

"Is that our new watcher you brought in?"

"Yes sir, he also signed the contract so it's up to you."

Ulam replied, which made Nero doubtful as he had clearly and distinctly washed the contract he had read. After the conversation, the same man turned his gaze to Nero.

"Have a seat, we need to clarify a few things before you get to work."

Although Nero was a little nervous when he walked into the room, he soon came to his senses. He took a few steps and sat down on the spot where the leader of the place was pointing.

"So buddy, I'm not going to talk nonsense to you. We've got all the information on you, you can thank William for that."

After these words, Nero's eyes turned to William, who showed a smirk and an arrogant pose.

"Yeah, now you can't even turn down the job. What you will do, he will explain to you."

As he spoke, he raised his hand and William handed him a folder. He didn't even open it, but threw it straight to Nero.

"Take a look," said William, and Nero looked at the picture he was handed. It showed a man and a woman holding hands in the street.

Without saying anything, William waved his hand, and Nero watched as his accomplice stepped forward and began to speak. "As you've already learned, these are your friends," William said. "Your ex-girlfriend and rumored best friend. It's funny to me that they played such a game behind you. But you're still thinking about them. And if you don't do your job as we say, they're likely to get hurt."

Nero received new information about the previous owner of the body, but what happened to him didn't matter anymore. The main thing now was for Nero to keep himself in check so as not to become the epicenter of the destruction of the city.

William seemed to be thinking about something and his smile grew wider. "You don't seem to care about that, then we can only change strategy. What would you do if the police suspected you of killing those two?"

Nero frowned slightly. It seemed like it might cause more trouble than he expected.

"You must understand your situation," said William. "From this day forward, if you disobey, your normal life is over. Besides, we have a lot of brothers in prison, so even there, it won't be all sweet, okay?"

Nero stopped to think about it since he had no other choice. There was another choice, but if he took it, he probably wouldn't go back to his old ways.

He cares about his mental state. After a few seconds of silence, he nodded.

William spoke a few words to the head, and then they left the room. But before he stepped, a voice was heard from behind him. "I'm wondering why you're covering part of your face."

Nero did not answer, but William from the side began to speak. "Sir, he's the kind of man who didn't prevail with his fears, hehe."

Nero was still looking at whoever asked the question. The question was not asked by the one sitting at the table, but by the one in the distance in the chair. Visible was a red glow and some smoke, from a cigar.