Three

Taehyung's POV

"You said that she is your mate, yes?".

I look up from Y/N's form to glance at the old physician at his question and find him standing at the foot of the bed, his eyes concerned as he observes her state, which he has been doing every once in a while since I brought her here.

"She is, that was revealed yesterday afternoon when the mark appeared on her skin. Have you found anything?".

He hums, lips pursing before he taps on his temple with a finger.

"It's only a hypothesis, but my guess at the moment would be that her body grew weaker because of the mark, hence why she got sick. It is not a known case to have a human mated to a dragon, let alone multiple dragons, so we can only imagine the impact of it on her body. She should feel better after resting properly so please do not worry too much".

I thank him with a short nod of the head before bringing my gaze back to her when he walks out of the room, my hands still holding onto her own because I am incapable of letting go just yet.

Did I go too far with the training earlier? I should've insisted that she rests instead of going along with her denial nonsense, it was obvious that she could not handle any kind of training when I first saw her this morning, but I wanted her to see that for herself.

I didn't want to control, I wanted her to realize that she was being foolish on her own, with her own eyes, that was all I could think of doing to avoid being the receiver of her growing frustration.

She is not one to let anyone tell her when it is that she must be weak and strong, she has a mind of her own and she knows how to use it, but as Seokjin would say... that is not always a good thing.

Her desire to prove herself leads her to lengths that are concerning, to say the least.

But as Yoongi would also say - she is who she must be today, and if being stubborn is a trait that she must carry at the moment, then so be it. We will adapt as she learns and betters herself and if we must show the example along the way, then we shall.

Her growth is hers to experience, it must not be forced nor precipitated or it will disrupt the flow of her natural pace.

"D-dragons! Two dragons on the horizon! Clear the training ground and keep your distance! Do not engage in offense, I repeat, do not engage in offense! That is the order given by Commander Rayner!".

I smile at the screams that begin to occupy the fortress because of my mates' arrival, they got here faster than I thought they would, is it Jimin and Hoseok? I know that they weren't assigned any tasks for the week, which would explain why they'd get here first.

Needless to say that they must be anxious to meet her, though that excitement will soon turn to concern when they find her in this state.

I would've loved for her to witness their landing as I doubt she was ever allowed such a sight from this close before, but more of our mates will come from the sky so all is not lost, they will not get here all at the same time.

One of the two dragons releases a roar of warning after finding people still running around - crushed bodies stuck underneath our talons can be hard to clean after all - and when another circle over the ground assures him that the path is clear, his heavy wings begin to send the air down to ease his descent softly.

The strong flapping noises resound all throughout the walls of the fortress and in quick successions, I get to hear them settle on the ground, waves of muddy sand sent against the nearest windows at their landing that will surely give the knights something to do when they find their equipment sent all over the place.