Five

This chapter is almost 10k words! I hope you enjoy!!!

Namjoon's POV

"Please give this to my sister and... tell her that we'll be waiting for her, no matter how long it takes. Thank you for granting our family a doctor, Sir Namjoon, we will do our best to repay you for your grand generosity".

I smile to myself as I hold the handmade charm in front of my eyes, the wooden dragon clearly hand-worked with care, it must have taken the young lady a long time to make it. I'm sure her big sister will be touched by her love.

"Here you go, Sir Namjoon, the sword that you requested. I added your scales to the bottom of the hilt just like you wanted and the blade is made of the lightest and sturdiest material we currently have access to. Do you want to give it a try?".

I tuck the charm back into my pocket before accepting the elegant sword to have a closer look at the line work engraved into the blade, a finger slid along its edge to test its sharpness, and when it cuts through skin smoothly, I make a pleased noise before glancing at the scabbard that comes with it as a set.

It is done just as delicately as the sword itself, and my scales can be found once more decorating the leathery length in an elegant and feminine way that I hope will please her eyes, just as the previous swords I had made pleased my six dragon mates.

"It is perfect, Garry, I expected no less from you. Thank you for adding the charm holder, it will do the job just fine once I tie it properly" I thank the proud blacksmith with a satisfied nod of the head before leaving the heated forge to be on my way.

I would normally prefer traveling by horse since I know that Y/N will travel on land once her transfer authorized by the King - his signature is needed since she will reside in the castle with us - but since it would take too long, I took some time yesterday evening and asked Wymond, my attendant, to bring Epona for me along with my other mate's squires so that everyone would have their horses for the needed trip.

They would throw a tantrum if they realized too late that they didn't bring their mount like Taehyung did. The trip to the capital will certainly be an occasion to bond with our newest mate and none of us want to miss on that opportunity.

The servants of the castle should have enough time to clean the room that she is to use in our wing in the meantime, it was kept for storage so there is a lot to be done before it can be appropriate for her, but I believe they can get it done before our arrival. The King assured me that it would be perfect so I trust him.

Once in one of the capital's clearings reserved for when we need to either shift or land, I sit on a tree stump near the fence to work on fixing the charm on the scabbard's hook that was made in the form of a loop, and I make the prettiest bow knot I know to do before testing the sturdiness with a tug.

Giddiness begins to fill my heart when I take in the final look, the golden glow of my scales adding that touch of possessiveness that I need to see on my mates. It will surely be her first time holding a special sword, and the fact that it will be hers only will also be a new concept for her, which makes it all the more exciting for me.

At her rank, having such a unique weapon is unheard of to say the least as they are very expensive to make, but we have lived long enough to have a fortune behind us that has started to gather dust so if this isn't an occasion to make use of it, when will it be?

I would have an armor made for her as well, but these are a bit more tricky since we need to measure her body to make it fit well - it will be better if we wait until she has settled in the castle first. We can then let her choose the scales that will adorn the pieces of her liking before giving the job to Garry.