Part 6

Message from the writer:

      Thank you to everyone who liked this story and expressed your interest of seeing more! I hope you all enjoy the continuation of this story. I've had a lot on my plate but I'm trying to get back on track. Thank you!

                                      -BellRaven 💜

---‐--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamaki watches as FatGum leaves the rooftop, thinking to himself "FatGum isn't the type of person to hurt anyone. Well...like the way he thinks he did, anyways. I'm sure it's all in his head..."

As FatGum reaches the floor of the kitchen, he hears the sounds of (Y/n) and Kirishima as they joke around in the kitchen. The sound of their laughter brought his spirits up enough for him to muster up the courage to make his way to the doorway. He peers in spotting Kirishima using a cutting board and (Y/n) next to him using the stove.

He decides to talk to (Y/n) later and starts to leave, "FatGum! Hey! We could use another pair of hands if you don't mind...?" Kirishima calls out to him.

"Uh-...sure! What do ya need?" FatGum slides back in with an awkward smile.

"Well, I'm prepping Tamaki's part of breakfast and since he usually eats a bit of everything to keep up his variety...uhhh...could you pull out a few things and help?" Kirishima laughs nervously.

"Of course!" FatGum jumps over to the fridge pulling out various meats he knows that Tamaki eats frequently "...anything else?"

"Not that I can think of..." Kirishima shrugs, "Why don't you grab another cutting board and help me? There's alot to prep!"

"Sure thing, Red!" FatGum smiles and takes his place next to Kirishima and starts to cut up the meat.

FatGum glances over his shoulder at (Y/n) as she dashed spices over a simmering pan. She always seemed to be in her own world when she was focused on something.

FatGum decides to also help with cooking, taking over the burner next to (Y/n). He relaxes a little as he starts throwing ingredients into a pan, the sizzle and aroma enveloping his senses. He was in his own world, himself, before he knew it.

"Huh?!" He jolts at the hand pushing his shoulder.

"S-sorry..." (Y/n) nearly sounds as timid as Tamaki as she speaks, "I didn't mean to startle you. It's just...you've been done for a while and...umm...are you okay?"

"Y-yeah..." FatGum forces a grin, "I just have a bit of a headache..."

"Hmm...I guess you needed something stronger, sorry...those were the only ones I could find..." a look of concern washes over (Y/n)'s face.

"Oh! Don't worry about it! I really appreciate everything you've done..." his brow furrows as those negative thoughts rush back at him, "I...really am sorry."

"Hey! Don't you worry about anything either!" (Y/n) pats him on the shoulder and flashes a big smile as an attempt to reassure him, "I'm glad to help whenever and however I can. Even if it's nursing you back to health!"

FatGum feels his face burn and he quickly turns back to the stove in an attempt to hide the red that rushed to his face. A gentle smile paints (Y/n)'s face as she let out a soft laugh, amused by his reaction.

"Hey!!!" An excited yell startles the two. Both quickly turn to Kirishima as he rushes over, waving the screen of his phone in their faces. "I completely forgot about the cherry blossom festival, today! Why don't we all go?"

An inquisitive look sweeps FatGum's face as he brings a hand to his chin "I-...I don't know. Didn't you say you two were headed back to UA today? You have to be back for class tomorrow, don't ya?"

"Well, yeah...but we can still leave tonight instead! Let's have some fun on our day off before we leave!" Kirishima balls up his fists in excitement and turns to Tamaki who had been standing in the doorway listening in.

Tamaki lowers his head "Why can't we just stay in and relax on our day off...?"

"Come on Tamaki! There's going to be all kinds of different food to try! Maybe you'll find something new to add to your arsenal!" Kirishima prods as Tamaki attempts to shy away.

"Food?! You can count me in!" (Y/n) pats Kirishima on the back with a wide grin, "I'm always down for a festival! Especially during the Spring when the blossoms are blooming!"

FatGum turns to (Y/n) with a concerned look but it fades away as he spots the growing excitement on her face. "Alright, but as soon as it starts to get dark, you boys are on the next train out, y'hear me?"

Tamaki sulks over his plate and mutters to himself "Why am I getting dragged into this...? I should've went back yesterday, as planned..."

"Yes!!!" Kirishima pumps a fist in the air in celebration. "I'll start getting ready as soon as I'm done" he proclaims before he starts shoveling food in his mouth.

FatGum grins softly, feeling the aura of the room wrap him in a reassuring warmth.

(Y/n) doesn't seem too upset but she could just be putting on a brave face as she often does. I'll have to see if I can get an opportunity to talk to her, when the boys leave.

....

Author Notes:

Thanks again! More coming soon, I promise! ✌️

                             💜 Love you guys