CHAPTER 7

You were seated in the cafeteria, next to Team Z as you looked over the list of who wanted to join the advanced training.

"We'll start with Bachira and then Kunigami will be next. I'll hopefully be able to fit you all in today before I move over to the next wing." You informed, using your pen to jot down some notes.

Kunigami finished his lunch before he moved his eyes onto your paper, impressed by your notes.

"Have you taken a break?" He asked, noticing that even during lunch, you weren't at ease like the rest of his team.

"I don't have time to." You mentioned as you moved your eyes onto your tablet, the screen displaying the fifth wing to check for any faults within the machines.

"But still...you might overwork yourself." He mentioned with a light frown.

You felt touched for his concern for you and smiled in his direction.

"Don't worry about me. I'm used to this much work so I'll be fine." You assured him and he nodded after a while.

"Raichi will be after Kunigami, then Gagamaru and last to train is, Isagi." You concluded to the group as you stood up, grabbing your notes.

You settled your eyes onto Bachira, calling him to have his attention move from his lunch to you.

"Warm up after you've eaten and then I'll meet you in the training room in ten minutes." You instructed and he gave you a playful salute.

"Yes ma'am!"

You walked out of the cafeteria, calming down the smile Bachira had caused but a text from Anri had moved your attention onto your phone.

'A press conference will be taking place on Friday at 11am. You'll be joining me and Ego to attend it.'

You didn't expect to be asked to join as you were just the technician of the facility but, as you read the rest of the text, you came to an understanding.

'The football association wants to know what you're doing with their money and are using the press to get any footage of you slipping up. Prepare yourself.'

Ego was right when he informed you of the association being a bunch of pigs when it came to money and with you using what was precious to them, it obviously didn't make them happy.

They wanted to take down the blue lock project in any way possible and decided to target the teenager amongst the three who were in charge of the whole facility.

That teenager had an IQ that was higher than theirs combined.

You stared down at the message with a set of flames dancing around your irises.

'They messed with the wrong person.'

------------------------------------------------------------

"Bachira, stop messing around!"

You stared at the boy in disbelief as he made an attempt to hug one of the holographic defender after scoring a goal and completing the first level with ease.

"I can actually feel it! That's so cool!"

You released a sigh and tapped your tablet screen, the hologram disappearing and causing Bachira to fall on his face as he lost his balance.

"That was mean, [L/N]!"

You moved onto the next stage and pointed at the defenders that appeared before him again.

"You only have a limited time to this training. You won't be able to get another session until the second selection starts." You pointed out and he pouted at the thought of not being able to use the amazing technology to train again.