CHAPTER 8

(a/n: We hit 1k votes and it's only chapter 8! Thank you all so much for your interest in my story! Love you all ;[];)

With the whole fiasco of the facility shutting down, being sorted out and apologising to Ego for the mistake Bachira had made, you had continued your training session with Kunigami before Raichi was up next.

The boy came inside to meet the sight of Kunigami dragging Bachira out the room which you were very thankful for.

Raichi was glad they had gone because now he was in the room with you...alone.

Wait...

Alone?

His face heated up as he thought about how he was going to get through this session when your attention would be on him most of the time.

What was wrong with him?

He always excuded confidence in any situation but whenever you were around, he would act like some weakling and it was pissing him off.

He had to get himself together. It wasn't the time as he only had a limited amount of time to be in this facility.

One screw up and his football career would be over.

He scrunched up his face, ready to go through the session with a hard heart.

"Are you ready, Raichi?"

Just hearing his name leave your lips had the angry expression on his face melt in an instant.

"Yeah."

Damn it.

He couldn't be mad at you.

Raichi had just barely gotten through to his session and felt his heart leap out of his chest every time you would praise him for succeeding.

He left the room with his mind filled with your sweet words and praises while Gagamaru entered, raising a brow at Raichi's dazed look.

"Hello, Gagamaru. Have you warmed up?" You asked him, holding your tablet close to your chest and he nodded, watching as you tapped your screen before pointing at the starting position for the program.

"I feel like I'm in the future." He commented with awe despite his face remaining neutral.

You smiled over his words before explaining the first stage which he nodded with understanding.

Due to his height, Gagamaru easily completed the first but also the second stage which did take you by surprise.

"You're the first player to try stage three." You mentioned as you adjusted the program to the next difficulty.

Gagamaru was given another football and he gazed ahead, ready to win against the two defenders like he had in the last two stages.

He had only blinked and the defenders were already in front of him, startling him greatly. He made an attempt to move the ball away but it was taken from him with ease.

A large 'X' appeared before him and Gagamaru turned to you with disbelief.

"That's ten times harder than the last one." He complained and you raised a brow.

"Of course. The first stage is a warm up, second is amateur level and third is pro level. The hologram's have been set to match the skills of a professional player." You informed him.

Gagamaru immediately gained an idea of where he stood in skills after hearing your words and he knew he had to work really hard to hone his skills.

"If I complete this stage, will you get me dinner?"  He asked, knowing you had access to whatever you desired in the cafeteria.