CHAPTER 13

"What do you mean the project is being dropped?"

You faced Ego with a look of annoyance which he mirrored as you interpreted his words in the wrong way.

"Let me finish, idiot."

Anri had to intervene as you were ready to snap at the older man and she patted your head gently as a way to calm you down.

"The association want to shut us down because they don't believe in what we're going to achieve in this project. I proposed to them to that I could prove them wrong and they offered a match between Blue Lock and the U-19 team. If we win, we're continuing the project and if we lose, we're out." He concluded.

You took in his words with silence before you sent a nod to confirm you understood.

"They also gave a condition. They want you to move over and work with the U-19 team for this match."

You were ready to protest but the sharp look Ego gave you had you staring at him in disbelief.

"I can't just go to the other team. That would be-" You were ready to reject but Ego cut you off.

"You've been given the opportunity to showcase your work and you want to reject it based on personal feelings? You joined this program to show the world who you were and this is your chance to start it."

His words struck you and you leaned back in your seat as you lowered your eyes to your lap.

'He's right.'

Maybe you had become too attached to the facility and everyone inside of it that you had become sidetracked from your real goal.

You were here to kick-start your career in the world of technology and you were about to throw away an opportunity because you didn't want to work with the opposing team.

"Getting away from this place will help you get a hold of yourself."

You could see Ego was looking out for you, in his own harsh way and you couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks, Ego."

"I'm just pointing out the obvious." He deadpanned while you gave him a flat stare.

"I was just about to give you a hug but I guess I won't now." You crossed your arms as you feigned an annoyed look.

"I don't want your hug." He was disgusted by your suggestion.

"Now I want to give you a hug." You were tempted to annoy the older man and stood up, wiggling your fingers as you neared him.

"Don't come near me." He glared at you but you refused to listen as you called for Anri.

"Quick, Anri-chan! Hold him down!"

In the end you didn't get to hug your boss as he threatened to fire you but it ended in a positive manner along with laughter from you and Anri.

---------------------------------------------------

The remaining players of Blue Lock were informed of the third selection being put on hold as a match between them and the U-19 team would take place to determine whether the project could continue or not.

"One more thing. The advanced training sessions will be put on further hold until the third selection as [L/N] will be moving over to help with the U-19 team for this match. It was a condition that we had no choice but to accept." Ego announced.

Raichi felt his whole world crash as he heard the news.

You were helping his enemy?

That was bullshit!