CHAPTER 9

Flashes from several cameras as pictures were taken had your vision leaving you for a moment and you were tempted to look away from the glaring light.

Ego along with Anri had gone through the summary of what the Blue Lock project was and in return, they received a lot of criticism which he was quick to shut down with a few harsh words.

"I have a question for, [L/N]-san."

You tuned back into the scene and looked over at the reporter who had called for you, a polite smile painting your lips as you allowed them to ask.

"Isn't it irresponsible of Ego-san to give a teenager a large cash of money and act as a technician?"

Your smile disappeared and the gleam in your eyes was replaced with a serious kind as the man's question wasn't one to take lightly.

As you predicted, you were looked down upon due to your age.

"I don't see how I can act like a technician when I built the facility by myself."

Itoshi Sae had left the interview room in a sour mood as the questioned asked by the reporter were, in his case, stupid.

His manager was going through his schedule which he planned to take part in when returning to Spain but, as he walked in a hallway, a single voice reached his ears.

One which exceeded the kind of confidence he held.

He stopped by a pair of opened doors and glanced inside to see some sort of press conference.

'Blue Lock?'

His eyes then settled onto the owner of the voice and he raised a brow as he realised it was a girl who seemed to be around his age.

"Yourself? That's not possible!"

"It's not possible for your generation because of how stupid you are."

The reporter was offended along with many others but you spoke up once more to keep their mouths shut.

"My tech would have been seen by the world by now if those shitty companies would have overlooked the fact that I'm not just a kid but a person with a brain better than theirs combined. So, I'm using the Blue Lock project and the money given to show what my brain is capable of creating compared to you monkeys."

"B-But-"

"You can speak when I'm finished." You snapped and the reporter shrinked back in his seat.

"The Blue Lock project will succeed and my tech will be one of the reasons behind it."

Your ego formed into a monster and lurked behind your entire body as you stared down at the reporter with an icy gaze which in turn emitted a satisfying amount of fear from the reporter who trembled.

Ego grinned over your response while Anri smiled, happy that you were able to fight for yourself.

"Itoshi-san, we need to leave for our flight." Sae's manager told but the boy couldn't take his eyes off your form.

The way you held yourself above others, it was something that intrigued him.

"Cancel it."

"H-Huh?"

"I want to see how this Blue Lock project unfolds."

-----------------------------------------------------------

You took a seat outside of the building  that held the press conference, your eyes trained on your tablet as you checked over the facility to see if anything was in order while you were away before a sigh left your lips.