chapter 2 - MIRROW! MIRROW! ON THE WALL! AM I THE PERSON, I SEE RIGHT NOW!?

As the car arrived at the shield building everyone got out and went their ways. Rumlow and Hill were the only one how stayed and lead Steve to the infirmary. On the way there Steve noticed that he still was barefoot and ... smaller. Not as short as before the serum, but still smaller. Totally thrown off by that he merely ran into Hill as she stopped in front of a swinging door.

"Go inside Dr. Cho must already be waiting for you. Agent Rumlow and I would wait outside for your check up.", Hill advice. With a short nod Steve went in the patient room where he saw many different electrical devices that look very futuristic... are they futuristic...? Or had been futuristic cause they already exist? Or are they old fashion already? Steve rubbed his forehead with furrowed eyebrows and chased his thoughts away. Concentration! If he kept thinking about everything at this rate since he woke up, he would only get a headache and that was the last thing he needed right now. Dr. Cho was sitting on a chair in front of a modern Version of a typewriter or at least that what he thinks it is. She got up with a smile and came towards Steve with outstretched hand.

"Hello Captain Rogers, it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Dr. Cho or Helen, if someone hasn't told you before I would be your doctor in case you ever would get sick or need some stiches or so."

Steve shook her outstretched hand and gave her a small polite smile back.
"It's my pleasure to meet you. I was told I should come here for a checkup?"

She turned around and showed Steve with a gesture where he should sit down, "Yes, we have old records of you physic and health and so on, but it is also important to make a checkup of your new form, not only if there will be any complications in the future, but also to compare you with your old files. We would need some blood samples and new measurements of your body and some test of your strength, speed, and stamina and so one, but these physical tests can be done over the next few days. at first it would be important to check your health. You're the first person we know of how survived a drowning and defrosting."

Steve already thought that his health check would look like that, so he just nodded in agreement while he stretched out his arm for the blood sample. He looks away as the brunette lay out the utensils, even as a super soldier he couldn't stand needles.

She seemed to notice Steve's distress, hence se asked, "The director told me that you have chosen a new name, is that right?", while spraying the armpit with sanitizer before piercing the needle in the vein.

Steve thought to himself, "How do you already know of that nobody from the car we were in was here before I got here.". But he didn't ask that, instead answered honestly.

"Hmmm yes, ...ehmmm... you, you can call me Stephanie or Sorcha... my mom always told me that I if were a girl that this would be my name. Stephanie because it was the nearest name to Steve and Sorcha to remind me of my Irish heritage and her origin name, so it seems just fitting. It's a little bit funny that my parents did find me two names, if I were a girl but only one if I were a boy."

She smiled back at Steve and say honestly, "That's a wholesome, Stephanie. You've been awake for barely an hour, but you seem relaxed about this whole thing" She gestured around here at the hole machinery things and down to gestured on his body, "At least you seemed rather okay with your new situation "

Steve flinched internally as he was the first time addressed be his new name. "Hmmm... totally" he said and thought to himself, "I definitely not relaxed with that whole thing. Hell for not even four hours I was fighting against Schmidt in the airplane. Hell, I just had my first kiss with Peggy. It feels like it's just happened seconds ago and in the same times years ago.

Oh god it happened years ago! How the hell am I supposed to be fine with any of this? I definitely don't want to be so far away in the future. I also really, really don't see myself as female but what other options are there. God dam it! This must be a really bad, bad dream. Maybe, maybe this is just an illusion of the substance and I'm hallucinating. Holy fucking Christ, quit it, you can think about it later! Everything's gone be alright!"