chapter 3 - WAIT! IS THAT A DATE?

The next few days went by like a total blure. Most of his time Stephanie was in the Lab with Dr. Cho. They tested every single thing that can be tested, from hair thickness over speed running test even to an IQ-test. She went through all of them as patienctly, as he could. He didn't like it much but it gave him a task and a purpose and that was something Steven was familiar with. It also shortened the time when his head started spin to things he didn't want to think about so he burried them far far away. Out of sight out of mind. The other reason was that Stephanie really liked Helen. She was the only one where she didn't have the feeling that she wanted more than she was willing to give. She observed over the last few days that she was a very intelligent woman, who didn't take shit from anyone. She remembered him of Peggy, reserved, friendly and kind of funny if she wanted. She also were te first person where Steve didn't feel uncomfortable. It still felt weird to becalled him new name. But when Helen called him Stephanie it neither freaked him out nor did it felt unnatrual.

The only parts she didn't find very pleasant when she was with Helen, were the ones, when she tryed to educate him about female cycles, sex and contraception and such things. Tecnically agent Hill would have been the one who originally was planned to be the one explaining everything in this matter, but the agent managed it to roll this task up on Helen, who totally got her kick out of it when Stephanie blushed from one ear to the other. This hole blushing thing got slowly but certainly on her nerves. It wasn't so that Steve was a total prudish person, but in his new form every time something slightly embarassing is sayed or happend she blushes like a 13 year old girl. Technically that wasn't so far from the truth because he couldn't quiet regulate this body like his old once, but still it was very embarrassing to talk about those things.

His biggest problem with this ... this talks was his little knowledge about women. It's not just that he never really knew how to talk to women, even now, but also his lack of knowledge of their atonomy and that was pretty devastating. Of course he knew how babys were made and that they had there period but thats really it. On the other side she really like the gain of this new knowledge over her boddy, because she wanna know what's going on down there even if she could die in embarrassment.

Aside of her time with the Doc, the other parts of the day, she was either in the gym to let out some of his steam or with Rumlow how set her in the picture of all the mayor history events and damm in these past 67 years were a lot of history incidents to catch up on. From the civil-rights act to the Kennedy execution, the moon landing, the cold war not even beginning to count everything thst happened out side of the us. The German splitting and reuniting, the spitting of the UdSSR, the Korean war, the Israel founding and conflicts following that, the middle east conflict are just the iceberg of everythingthat happend.

Steve wasn't quit sure if he liked the time he spend with Rumlow, or Brock since yesterday. He couldn't tell if the other man was flirting with her or if he just was friendly. Stephanie know that she was a eye candy from the one time she looked at herself. It may sound stupid but since that day where she broke down I front of it he hasn't looked in a mirrow again. It even went so far that she had thrown a blanket over her own reflection. It was terrifying to dress herself but with the motto, what I cann't see, isn't there and haven't changed, things might work out.

One day after one of her history lessons with Brock, he asked, "So Captain can I get your phonenumber?"
"Ehmm no, I mean I don't have one, like why would I? According to shield filles everyone I know is dead except Peggy and she has defnitelly no phone with her dementia and all the people I get in contect with are part of shield so I see them nearly daily, so why would I need one?" Steve reasoned and shrugged with her shoulders. It seemed like a waist of money when he wouldn't necessary need it.