chapter 5 - A LOST BET

Not long after Stephanie's conversations with director Furry, Steve found himself alone in the meeting rooms with Rumlow. How started to brief him about the last encounter with Loki while he took the Tesseract.

"Loki, Norse god of mischief, trickery, and deception. He is a jötunn better known as frost giant. He is the adoptive son of Odinson and Frigg and his older brother Thor. They are the leaders of the Aesir tribe more famous under the name Asgardians, the Norse gods. The Aesirs life in another realm in a place called Asgard, ..."

Stevie listened carefully as Brock got deep into detail how they first got into contact with Thor following up with tesseract incident where the so call God of mischief destroyed a hole shield facility killed and injured docent of agents and turned a few of the most loyal and skilled agents to mindless puppets. If he wasn't the bad guy, Steve would have been impressed how a single person could disassemble shield so fast without much afford as it seemed. But the goal of world domination didn't really sit right with him.

When they were over with that fill, they didn't have much time before their departure to the secure operation base, so Rumlow decided that they left 5 of the filles and moved further to the last one. It was a fill about a doctor tried to reproduce my serum, but it failed and now every time he gets angry, he turns into a green monster nicknamed the Hulk.

"So, this Dr. Banner was trying to replicate the same serum they trying to use on me?" Steve asks for confirmation looking at the green Monster in the screen right in front of me.

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought Gamma radiation might be the key to unlocking the serum.", Brock replied and leaned nearer to the blond hair girl while she furrowed her eyes browns deeper.

"Didn't really go his way, did it?"

"Not at all. But now we have to go to the airplane. You can go through the other fills when we are in the air. And ohhh I nearly forgot when we're on the base you'll get your new uniform. I hope you'll like it. I helped updating the look.", he said while catching one of her locks in his fingers and started playing with it.

With a short nod, Stephanie just accepted his fate to have to were a silly uniform again. He only hoped that the outfit wouldn't be so colorful like the last one. He really didn't want to look like a money in a clown costume again. Looking up a Brock she couldn't resist to asked, "Will it have the stripes and stars on it?"

"Of course. That's the most iconic part of your war hero look, but don't worry it will look great on you", with that he pushed the lock behind her ear which sent a little shiver done her back and she notices for the first time how near they're to each other.

She took a short breath while looking him deep into the eyes, "Isn't that look a bit ... old fashion?"

"Maybe but old fashion is exactly that what people need. You're even just as a woman an impressive figure, a strong hand and leader how can bring people to follow you."

As they were starring in each other's eyes a strange tingly feeling started to form in her stomach. For one she definitely received the compliment in his words combined with the memory of their kind of date mixed with the text exchange on their phones over the last few days. But the under-laying ton "just as a woman" didn't sit really right with him. Before he could interpret what laid beneath his words, he already broke eye contact and stepped back a few steps. "We should get going to the helicarier now before Furry recommend us for being behind the schedule."

Taking the tablet and the seven paper fills on the table Stephanie followed the dark-haired man in the aircraft hall to their plane. While Brock talked to the crew and other agents flying with them Steve just set himself in one of the many seats and started to read flew over Thor's fill. He was still a bit dumm struck that the Thor of his childhood stories really existed and that this fearless god was in reality as heroically as the legends described him.
When he was trough the file he put it to the Tesseract, Loki, and Dr. Banner files which he already read completely.