Scottie and Billy

The door slammed shut behind the young couple that stumbled in. It looked as though the boy was yanking the girl, squeezing her arms, keeping her hostage. And indeed he was, but he was pulling her closer to him, not allowing any part of her body to remain untouched. His hands were tangled in her hair, his tongue was numb with the taste of her lips, and his legs were incapable of moving. Apparently, the girl felt the same way because she shoved him against the wall so neither of them had to stand and they continued to indulge the taste of each other until they both melted to the floor in their fiery passion.

A day later, as the girl remembered this moment, she realised that at first it had seemed good, but she had allowed it to get out of control. They had indulged each others passion, not giving any though to whether it was wrong or right. She though of these troublesome things until she reached the ice cream shop. She glanced around Scoops Ahoy, hoping to see the cute server in his sailor uniform. She found him and grinned at him; then she saw Billy in their regular booth in his too-tight jeans and leather bomber jacket, his arm propped on the back of the seat next to him that was waiting to be filled. The girl walked over to him, smiling slightly.

"Hey, sugar," Billy said.

"Hi." He kissed her, then looked down at her chest.

"What's this? Have you worn this before?"

"Maybe once."

"Try this." He removed the red neckerchief from her collar and unbuttoned the top four buttons of her white Oxford. "Come 'ere, stand up." He proceeded to untuck her shirt from her waist high black jeans, moving his hands over her skin as he did so. He then tied the two ends of her shirt together in a know, transforming it into a crop-top. He grabbed her face and kissed her while replacing her neckerchief. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the cute server, Steve, watching them tentatively. She blushed, embarrassed that she had become a public spectacle.

"Billy, I think the rest of it is fine."

He held her at arm's length and looked her over, then whispered, "You're so dirty...I love it." They walked up to the counter to order their ice cream, and the girl noticed Steve quickly pretend to busy himself. "Hey Harrington. I see you're still poor and single."

"Better that than poor and slutty."

"Watch your words, Harrington, or you'll get your face busted in—again."

They scowled at each other and the girl, seeing this as an opportunity to avoid a fight, said, "I'll take a USS Butterscotch. He'll have a...pistachio." She said the first flavour that came to mind, but Billy didn't contradict her, so she assumed he was okay with it.

"Babe, I'm gonna go to the bathroom and wash the smell of Farrah Fawcet off me." He walked off, and the girl stood there awkwardly, watching Steve scoop their ice cream.

"I'm sorry," she said with a hurt look.

"It's not your fault. I just hope Eden doesn't get mixed up with him."

"Eden?"

"She's my sister. I see her watching him a lot. He's just an ass-hole." He looked up at her, waiting for her to correct him, but she never did. She knew he hung out with other girls, she knew he had never been in a private relationship in his life and that no one could force him into one. Steve continued as he handed her the ice cream, "Sorry about earlier. I wasn't calling you a slut. He just gets on my nerved. I don't think he deserves you."

The girl smiled. "That's just the Bourbon ice cream talking. I'm not all that great. Probably on par with that twit if I'm being honest. But thanks." Steve was about to say something else when the girl shook her head, warning him not to speak around Billy, who was now walking up. She looked back at him and winked as she walked away.

Billy took his ice cream and grabbed his stuff from the booth saying, "Max needs me, the little brat."

"Oh, okay, Can you also take me home, since I rode with you?" She said, moving to pick up her things.

"No, I gotta go, babe." He walked briskly away, not even saying goodbye.

"You son of a bitch!" Steve yelled after Billy. He left his post and grabbed the girl's things. "C'mon, I'll take you home."

"What? No, it's okay. I'll just walk home."

"Don't be ridiculous. It's getting dark and even colder outside. Besides, Robin's got the counter, and we usually don't get too many customers at this time anyways." He walked out of the employees' exit in the back and the girl had no choice but to follow. He was already in the car, waiting for her. "Sorry it's such a mess," he said as she got in the passenger seat.

"I've seen worse," she said, smiling. "You turn left out of here."

"Okay. Do you have a car?"

"Yeah, I have a little truck."

"A truck? Man, I'm so jealous. I've wanted one for ages!"

She beamed. "It's my baby."

"So can I ask? Why do you stay with him?"

She thought for a minute, then laughed and said, "You know, I really don't know." Then more seriously, "I guess, when I first met him, he was nice to me. He was really the first guy friend I had here; he made me feel...loved, and special. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, I have a great relationship with them, but it's a different feeling, being loved by someone else."

"Do you really think he loves you?"

"I used to, but now? No. Can you do me a favour?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Tell me to break up with him."

"Hey," he said, putting on a mock stern face, "Break up with him."

"Done."

"Aren't I the master of persuasion?"

"Now I have a question for you," the girl said to Steve, grinning in part because of his joke, in part because she was eager to see the response her question would invoke. "Why did you stand up for me? There was time when you would have let that slide, or done the same thing yourself." Steve stopped looking at her and turned his focus back to the road.

It was about a minute before he answered slowly, "Well, you're kind and pretty and generous and you've only been good to him. If he can't respect you enough to even pick up your bags, then he's scum." The girl laughed a little, trying to think of something to say in return.

"Thank you. That's really sweet, and it's nice to know I've got someone watching out for me at the local ice cream parlour." She smirked at him and he laughed, knowing she was lightening the mood, not mocking him.

"I think we're here." Steve said as they pulled into the driveway of a small, wooden house and their laughter subsided.

"Thank you again, for bringing me home; it really does mean a lot." As she got out of the car, Steve suddenly remembered something.

"Hey," he said, leaning to look through the open passenger window. "What's your name?"

Without missing a beat the girl replied, "Cinderella," and ran inside, blowing him a kiss.