At The Pool

Scottie and Eden were sitting in their usual booth at Scoops Ahoy, laughing at Steve's attitude and work ethic. Since his date with Scottie, he had stopped flirting with every female that stepped foot in his ice cream shop.

"I can't believe his cheesy pick-up lines actually worked on you."

"Well, it took him a while, he tried every time I came in, so like every day haha. But he proved himself a gentleman the night before his last try. Then I knew he wasn't just bad a flirting, like every other guy. It was almost like something out of a book or movie. Maybe good fictional guys to exist."

"That was a longer response than I expected. So you like him?"

"Maybe."

"You're so cute when you talk about him all the time, and I see you get anxious when he's around."

"I do not!"

"Not nervous, but like you want something more."

"Eden!" Scottie squealed, blushing and slapping her arm. "He's right there!" At that moment Steve walked over to them and said as he removed their dished from the table,

"Can your captain take you ladies on any other flavour ships?"

He winked at Scottie as he said this, but she refused to swoon. She put on a grin and said, "No thanks. We're about to go swimming."

"We are?" Asked Eden.

"Yes, we are. Right after we go buy some new swimsuits." She winked at Steve and to her pleasure she could see him swoon a little, not yet so practiced at keeping himself composed. "Maybe you could join us when your shift is over?"

"I don't get off for another two hours, and a swimsuit is not something I frequently carry around with me."

"Then we'll have to get you some swim trunks. I'm sure Eden knows what colour you don't like. We'll get those." She threw in another wink and licked her lips, because now that she was on a roll, she planned to make Steve jealous and get back at him for not calling her after their date, which had been a week ago. He stared at her longingly and she could still feel his eyes on her as she looked away. She knew that breaking eye contact was a sign of weakness and shame, but she also knew that Steve and herself both knew she was tempting him.

"Okay then, I'll meet you there."

"Great. Eden, you ready?" They stood up and walked out, Scottie letting the sleeve of her jacket fall off of her shoulder when she knew Steve was still watching.

"Smoothly played, my friend."

"Thank you. And yes, I do like him."

"Really? I couldn't tell." Replied Eden sarcastically. They headed to the swim shot and straight to the two-piece section. It wasn't long before they had each found a swim suit they adored. Eden found a forest green two-piece with light green trees. Scottie fancied a black two-piece with a diagonal yellow stripe across both halves.

"Now we gotta go find Steve's," said Scottie as she directed her steps to the men's section. They looked for a few minutes and Eden found a few, but as it was Scottie's money, she didn't like any of them enough.

"This one literally has limes on it, it's neon green. How weird do you need it?"

"I'll know when I see it." As she turned around, her eyes fell on a pair of bright orange swim trunks with big pink flamingos. "Perfect!" She ran over and picked them up. "$2. Even better!"

"Oh my gosh. He's gonna hate those." Eden exclaimed doubling over with laughter as Scottie mouthed, 'I found them' from across the store. Eden ran over and they walked up to the cashier, still laughing.