Eden and Billy

With the start of 1985 came the start of new relationships. Had they been relationships that Steve had known about, he would have strictly forbidden any such behaviour. Not that that would have made much of a difference though; Eden was very much her own person and didn't much care for the watchful eye of her brother, who always had his nose in her business. In her mind, if he could make out with Scottie, she could make out with whoever she pleased. He was no older than she was and she had every right to make her own decisions. 

Even though Billy claimed to still be hooked on Scottie, it was apparent that he had the hots for Eden. Her dark eyeliner and grunge style suited his personality to the T. Eden first adopted eyes for him at the pool, but since the moment he saved her life, they both felt a connection between them, though neither acknowledged it until a specific moment forced them to. Eden was working at the drive-in theatre with Lola and V one night, gossiping about Corbin and the next time he would pop in, when a 1979 Black Chevy Camaro pulled into the front spot that was technically not supposed to be occupied. The girls rolled their eyes and Eden stepped outside, the same as every night, to ask Billy to move. She knocked on his window and it slowly rolled down, revealing a chiselled face holding a cigarette and a red button down that was mostly open to reveal his toned abs.

"Hiya, Cherry."

"Billy."

"Are you here to tell me to move again?"

"Do I even have to say it?"

"You should, just so I can hear your voice."

Eden hoped the dark sky hid her blushing cheeks, but the light from the screen revealed her cover. "You know I can't let you stay here."

"Yet somehow I manage to keep it every time."

"Will you please move? The consequence of showing up late is—"

"A visit from you. Are you going to make me move, Cherry?"

"Not if you do something for me," she said, smirking. Two could play at that game.

"Anything."

"Buy my friends and I milkshakes until you learn not to park here."

"Deal."

"Then enjoy the movie. Oh, and, thanks for the treat," she waved as she winked at him.

Lola and V were leaning over the counter, eager to hear what had happened. They knew she never got him to move, but she always came back with another story.

"So, what happened? What did he say?" Said Lola, sipping a soda.

"He's going to buy us milkshakes every time he parks there."

"Really? That's like free milkshakes for life!"

"Exactly. Now, at least we get something out of it. So, what do you guys want?"

"I want Strawberry," said Lola.

"Chocolate," said V. "So, is he ever gonna ask you out?"

"I don't know, why?" Replied Eden, blushing.

"Cause it's obvious you like each other, and you flirt with each other all the time. Is it ever going to progress?"

"I don't know, does it need to?"

"I guess not, but that's kind of awkward, isn't it? I mean, you're not really the type to live in uncertainty."

"When is comes to Billy she is," teased Lola, snatching the milkshakes from Eden and handing them out. "How about, you ask him out at school tomorrow?"