7 !¡

Adelaide POV

it's friday and i'm napping on the couch at colby's and the others. the last three days i've been at work, then going to their place and sleep, then getting driven to work.

which is probably what's gonna happen most tuesday-thursday for some time.
if i was lucky and didn't fuck up somehow.

i could feel the sun on most of my legs, the rest of me was hidden in cold by the  shadows.
i had closed eyes. 

i felt someone sit down next to me.
i hadn't noticed their footsteps somehow.
but i could smell that it was colby.

i felt a light weight on my side/back. it felt like colby had placed his hand on me.
it was quite a soothing feeling.

"hey colby?" i could hear sam yell out and the weight was gone. "yeah?" colby's deeper voice replied.

"we are leaving tomorrow, do you know if she has whatever she needs? if not you should probably wake her up soon and go her the stuff," sam explained.

"no she has her stuff in her bag in my room," colby replied. i felt more weight on the sofa so i assumed sam had sat down too.

"wanna watch something?" colby asked sam. "yeah why not, what we wanna watch?"

"uhh, just something i don't really mind," colby's voice sounded right next to me.

i felt myself slowly drifting back to sleep.

"ADELAIDE CALLIE ARMSTRONG!" the clearly high woman scream after her daughter.

"yes mom?" an 8 year old girl ran into the room and stood straight, trying to hide her terrified facial expression.

"get me a drink will you?" the woman demanded from the sofa. she was just about four feet away from the fridge, but she'd rather have her daughter do it.

"well hurry up? what are you waiting for!" she slapped the young girl's cheek. tears formed in the girl's eyes as she walked to the fridge.

"which one, mother?" she asked shyly. "uh, just the fucking green one!" the mother replied aggressively.

adelaide felt the cold from the beer as she took it from the fridge, "here you go, mother."

"now go do your school stuff! you're falling behind, you dumb fucking slut!" her mother shouted as adelaide quickly left to her own room.

she walked into the lonly room. a bed, a shelf, school books, a teddy bear and a desk. that's what she had.

"hey! adelaide!" her father screamed from his room. she quickly ran to him. "yes father?" she said, doing her best for her voice not to crack.

"what are you crying over, you pussy!" he scolded. "i'm sorry, i'm not crying," she said quietly looking at the floor.

"no talking back, you ungrateful little shit!" the man stumbled over to her. she wanted to run, but she knew from having done so, that she should never do so again.

the father slapped her cheeks twice right as her five year old brother walked in.

"daddy what are you doing?" he said hugging onto his teddy bear. "nothing! get out son!" the father said drunkly.

"can i leave now.. father?" adelaide tried not to show any emotion, definitely not weakness.

"hey! heyhey, adel! you'll be okay! wake up!" it sounded like the voices was from far away.