Chapter 4: Reunited

Percy POV

I just shrugged and followed him through the door. As soon as I looked around me my mouth hung wide open.

I looked around watching a beautiful city with skyscrapers, temples all out of marble. It was way cooler than Olympus.

''Come,'' Chaos said. ''I'm going to show you around.''

We continued walking through wide streets and every so often he would point at somebody or something explaining different things. He explained that we are on his planet. When I asked what was the planet's name he made a series of weird noises. He told me that planet doesn't have a name in any of the modern languages. He also told me that he has seen what the gods were planning to do to me and said that he flashed in the throne room taking me with him before the lightning bolt hit me.

''That there are members of πολεμιστής (warrior) tribe.'' I looked in the direction he was pointing and saw multiple humanoid creatures with a green tint to their skin. I continued watching them until one of them shot me the most frightening glare I have ever seen. I immediately looked away.

''Ahh, they don't like getting attention, but they are great warriors, one of the best we have.''

I just nodded. I was used to weird things happening to me.

After a while, the most majestic and beautiful building ever made came into my view.

''That's my palace.'' He said trying to suppress a smile and failing miserably. My eyes were wide and I'm pretty sure that my jaw would've dropped to the floor if that was possible.

''Come. I have a proposition to you but we'll talk about that in my office.''

--- time skip ---

When we were sitting on comfy armchairs in his office he started:

''So, I know that you currently have nowhere to go. I have seen all the good deeds that you have done on the Earth and I want to offer you a position as a commander of my army. Those are all warriors with a pure heart and good intentions. Not all of them are demigods. There are some humans and a lot of members of other races. I have searched for a commander for a long time, but nobody was fit for the role.''

I was shocked. I don't know what I expected him to say, but it definitely wasn't this. I sat there in silence for a few moments thinking about it but I really didn't have a choice. As he said, I had nowhere to go, and this was a perfect job that would keep my mind of things.

''I accept your offer,'' I said with the most serious expression I have probably ever made. But that ruined mere moment after when Chaos squealed like a little kid and started jumping up and down in excitement.

''Ok, I'll then have to give you my blessing.'' He said shooting a large shiny orb straight to my chest. I felt excruciating pain coursing through my limbs but after five minutes it stopped. I stood up from the floor and almost tripped. I felt the unusual weight on my back. I looked and Chaos and he was grinning like crazy but what shocked and scared the crap out of me at the same time was the fact that he wasn't looking at me. He was looking behind me.

I slowly turned around and saw black wings. I heard a very girly scream. I almost started laughing because I thought that it was Chaos but I realized that it was me. I blushed and Chaos started laughing even more.

''Oh, gods, I wish I caught that on camera.'' He said wiping tears from his eyes. I glared at him but he just laughed more. After few more minutes of me probably being red as a tomato, he became serious once more and said:

''Ok, you now have my blessing. You have gained some new powers along with wings. You're going to train so you have proper control over them. But that's going to happen later. We still have some matters to discuss.''

I raised an eyebrow at him in question.

''As you're now a commander you need to have a small team of people you can trust with your life. Those people will always follow you no matter what. So you now can choose up to fifteen people. They can be alive or dead, it doesn't matter.''

My heart immediately started beating faster. I couldn't believe it. I can bring my friends back.

''I choose Luke Castellan, Bianca Di Angelo, Zoe Nightshade, Michael Yew, Charles Beckendorf, Silena Beauregard, Ethan Nakamura, Castor, and Lee Fletcher.'' Chaos just snapped his fingers.

There was a bright flash of light. When it died down, I gasped, tears of happiness rolling down my cheeks.