Chapter 17

''I like you.'' He said. ''But if you don't like me back, it's ok. Just forget that this conversation ever happened.''

''No. Nico...''

-----

Percy POV

I was shocked. I knew that he had a crush on me back in the day, but I didn't expect that he still had feelings for me. It has been five years since then, and with what happened to Will, I didn't think that he'll be ready to be in any kind of relationship this soon.

He looked like he will start crying any second. We stood there in silence. The only thing you could hear was anime playing in the background. It was a bit awkward, like those videos with crickets or whatever.

''Nico, I...'' His lip started trembling. I felt stupid. I didn't know how to express my feelings with words so I just did the next best thing.

I crossed the distance between us. He looked up at my face with those teary eyes. His eyes widened as I leaned forward.

Our lips connected. After a moment he kissed me back. He was still crying, but I was pretty sure that those were happy tears.

After few more seconds, I pulled back and held him at arm's length.

''Nico, I have a crush on you too.'' After he heard this he smiled. He looked too cute. Seriously, nobody has the right to look that cute.

Then he hugged me. I felt like I'm actually living for the first time. Like the fog was lifted, and I finally saw something that was in front of me all along.

I felt great.

And then I remembered the quest. My smile immediately vanished. There was a high possibility that at least one of us won't make it back, and everything depended on us right now. If we won't fulfill the prophecy and complete the task, we'll lose this war. I didn't even think about what would it mean for humanity.

I decided to worry about all that tomorrow.