Chapter 8: old friend

Once everybody left except gods I asked for I walked forward and flicked my hood down.

---

Percy POV

As soon the gods were able to see my face multiple gasps echoed through the throne room.

Poseidon looked at me with tears in his eyes and said:

''My son. Is it really you?'' I planed to sass him, but suddenly I felt a lump in my throat and I knew that I'm really close to a breakdown, so I just said ''yes''. He basically jumped from his throne on top of me giving me a hug that could rival Tysons. Then something unexpected happened. The other gods joined the hug too. Even Artemis. It was pretty awkward but I was happy that I'm back. It felt nice that some people from my past life still care about me.

I smiled and said:

''Thanks, guys.'' The other gods left the hug and returned to their thrones but my dad was still clinging to me.

''So, what happened to you?'' Apollo asked, curiosity clearly evident in his eyes.

--- time skip ---

When we finished talking, which took quite some time, I decided that I should probably go back to the camp. We all said our goodbyes and I flashed to the camp.

I arrived on top of Half-Blood Hill, next to Thalia's tree. It took just one look at the camp, my past home, for all my old emotions that I kept buried for centuries, to resurface. The worst thing was the fact that on Earth passed just five years. I knew that I'll see all my old friends and her. I'm not sure how I'll react when I see her. I thought that we were soulmates, that we'll be together forever but she ruined that.

On that happy note, I walked into the camp.

As soon as I stepped into the clearing a bunch of campers surrounded me. Some of them were new, some of them old. Surprisingly, I didn't feel anything.

"Who are you?" I heard a familiar voice ask. When I turned around I saw her standing in front of me.

"My name's Omega. I'm commander of Chaos army." I said and walked to the obviously new Chaos cabin. I entered the Chaos cabin to come across...

chaos.

Not Chaos like the soupy misty dude that created everything, also my friend, but chaos as in Silena giggling, Beckendorf building something, and the rest of the team fighting or screaming at each other. I stood there utterly lost and confused.

Finally, Silena noticed me and yelled at them to shut up. They all looked at me.

''Ok, what is going on in here?''

''Luke again pranked all of us!'' Zoe yelled red in the face. It was weird. Sure, sometimes his pranks were annoying but mostly funny.

''What did he do this time?'' Luke laughed loudly and Zoe glared at him. Luke was rolling on the floor laughing now and I was even more confused.

''He put a camera in their bedroom,'' Silena answered me pointing at furious Zoe and Ethan who was in the corner looking like he didn't want to be here at all.

''And?'' I asked raising an eyebrow in question. I knew that I was missing something major but I couldn't figure it out. At this point, everybody else was laughing at really mad Zoe and blushing Ethan.

Wait.

Ethan was blushing.

OMG!

It all clicked into place.

So that's why they were so embarrassed!

I smirked looking at them.

Luke was still laughing on the floor.

Ethan was still embarrassed.

''Sooooo... Luke caught you doing the do?'' I said wiggling my eyebrows. Zoe decided that I was the next victim of her death glare. I just laughed.

Ethan looked like he's going to die in that corner.

Everybody else was amused.

Then I remembered something and ran out of the cabin.

--- time skip (in front of the pegasi stables at camp) ---

Percy POV

Man, I can't believe that I forgot about Blackjack and Miss O'Leary. I should've brought them with me or at least visit them first. But I forgot. I hope Blackjack will forgive me. I slowly walked in. Almost immediately, I heard so a familiar voice of my old friend Blackjack.

Boss, is it you?

Yes, it is. I'm sorry I didn't visit sooner. I replied. I conjured a box full of doughnuts and fed him them. I could see that he is very happy ever before he started thanking me again and again. I stayed some time with him talking and catching up, but I needed to pay one more friend a visit.

Blackjack, I need to visit Miss O'Leary. I'll visit you again tomorrow.

Ok boss. He replied happily.

Ok, bye.

I walked out of the stables. I had a feeling that someone was watching me.

I walked around the camp a bit when I saw a big ball of black fur.

When I was still about 20 meters away from her, her head shot up, sniffing the air. She turned her head around and looked straight at me. After about two seconds she leaped in the air and landed straight on me, licking my face. I spent some time with her too, and as dinner was getting closer, I apologized to her and went back to Chaos cabin. Today was an eventful day, and we still didn't even reveal ourselves.

Then I remembered. I needed to reveal myself to Chiron so he will know that he will be able to trust me.

With that thought, I walked towards the Big house.

--- time skip to when he is already inside Big house ---

I and Chiron were sitting at a desk. When I came in he was talking to Rachel about something, but when she saw me, she left.

''Chiron, I'll reveal my identity to you, but you must swear on River Styx to not tell it to anybody else.''

''Why do you want to reveal yourself to me?'' He asked.

''You knew me. And I know that you won't trust me until you know at least something more about me so...'' He nodded and said:

''Ok, I Chiron, swear on the River Styx to not reveal Commander Omegas' identity.'' Thunder rumbled in the distance signaling that the oath was sealed.

I got up and pulled my hood down.

He stared at me for a few moments in disbelief.

''Percy?'' He asked.

''Yes, that's me.'' With that, he hugged me. Once he pulled back, he smiled at me.

''I'm happy you're back. We all feared that something happened to you. I'll now be able to trust your team completely because I know that you'd choose good people.''

''Thank you, Chiron. It really means a lot to me.''

We talked a bit until the sound of the conch horn which signaled dinner. I sighted. This will be a long evening.