Chapter 14: Bunker 9

3rd person POV

Everybody was excited, even though the new war was on their doorstep, they wanted to know about the new quest. They knew who was going on it, but almost all other details were left in thick, misty fog of unknowing. And the certain daughter of Athena hated not knowing things. She hated the return of her ex-boyfriend who was ridiculously powerful. Because of his return, she needed to change all her plans, she needed to change the plans that she spent hours to make, to be sure of every single detail, to make a backup plan for a backup plan. They were perfect, but he ruined everything. He ruined her perfect plan.

-----

Percy POV

I'm sure now that Annabeth is planning something, that she's working for the enemy. She was off ever since we arrived but now I see, we probably ruined her plans. We were the unknown element in the formula of war. But the thing is, we know that we're going to fight Gaea and giants, but I feel like there is a much more powerful force stirring. A force that has power equal to Chaos. The only being that fits this explanation is Void, but he is in his prison, the most powerful prison ever made, the prison in Void. The prison is made that is impossible to escape. When Chaos talked about it, it reminded me of Azkaban from Harry Potter. It's made to feed on your emotions, more precisely, on your positive emotions. It makes you feel helpless, weak. If he breaks from there... I don't even want to think about what it would mean for us, for the Universe.

But that's enough worrying for today. We will be sent on a quest as soon as Leo and the other Hephaestus kids finish 'Argo III'. But as I can see, it won't be much longer.

I talked with all of my old friends, but I've been avoiding Annabeth. It still hurts me to look at her.

I and Estelle got a lot closer. It's like we knew each other our entire lives and not just a few short days.

There still weren't any more important attacks, we beat all of them easily, but I'm afraid that they'll attack with more monsters and giants after we leave for the quest and campers aren't really in the shape for fighting. We decided to train them as much as we can before we leave.

I also wanted to see how good is Estelle with the sword. Turns out, that Chiron gave her private lessons with swords, daggers, and bows. She knows how to wield the most basic weapons, and her sword ability is almost like mine, and that's very impressive because I had 5 000 years of time to master my fighting abilities, while she had less than five.

In the last few days, I also became much closer with Nico, and my crush still didn't go away. I don't know how he feels about me, but I don't want to ruin the friendship we have. I am still shocked a little bit that he forgave me this quick but I am grateful nonetheless.

-----

Nico POV

I'm actually looking forward to this quest. Camp got boring in the last few years. Since Percy left, there weren't any new prophecies nor quests. Gods would sometimes visit, but that's it. Underworld wasn't a fun experience either. I visited my dad every few weeks, but I was still bored out of my mind. I wanted some action, and I guess that's what I got.

I was happy when Percy came back. I forgave him for Bianca's death a long time ago. I also realized that there's actually nothing to forgive him because it wasn't his fault, I just needed somebody to blame and, unfortunately, it was Percy.

I was so sad when Will died, so broken... He was my light in the dark. He was the person that helped me with so much, that gave me so much. He showed me love and affection, he helped me to accept my sexuality, he helped me feel alive. And then he died. I thought that I'll never be able to love again, but I was wrong.

I was wrong, because when Percy came back, my old feelings for him resurfaced, and now they're much stronger.

But I'm sure that he'll never love me back. I'm almost certain that he's straight. At least, he has nothing against my sexuality. I don't know how this quest will turn out, but I hope that we'll still be at least friends when we come back.

-----

Luke POV

I don't know how Percy can be this oblivious. It's clear that he liked that Hades kid, and also clear that the kid likes him back. I don't know if he's blind, or he's waiting for something, but it's tiring to even watch them. I'll let him figure this out himself, I'm not helping him to get with him.

I was surprised when we found out that Percy has a twin, and I'm happy that he's got her. She makes him happy along with Nico, and that's what Percy deserves. He deserves some happiness before yet another war.

I was walking along the beach, watching the sunset when I heard Percy in my mind:

Everybody needs to come to Bunker 9, Leo has some news.

I turned around and run towards the bunker. There were two possibilities of what Leo's news would be:

1. The ship's finished.

2. He blew something up, and he'll need to restart building the said ship.

I prayed to all gods and deities I knew that it's the first possibility, and not the second.

After a few more minutes of running, I came to my destination, Bunker 9. Everybody was already there, waiting. I realized that they were waiting for me. I could feel the blush on my cheeks, and it had nothing to do with running, I was barely out of breath.

Beckendorf walked towards the entrance, which was a really big rock, lighted his hand on fire, and pressed them against the said rock. It moved to the side, and we were able to see the inside of Leo's workshop. Different tools were everywhere, on the floor, tables, everywhere. And there was Leo himself, all covered in oil and other stuff, but he had the proud smile on his face, so that means option 1, or he's really proud that he blew something up.

He walked towards us, lifted his hands towards the ceiling, and shouted, or rather said screamed:

''The ship is finished, McShizzle's job is done here.'' I grimaced, he really can be loud if he wanted to.

''So you didn't blow anything up?'' Asked Percy.

''No.'' Replied Leo with a smile on his face.

''What do you mean no?''

''Do you wanna hear it in Spanish? Noh.'' Leo sassed back.

''Dude, are you seriously quoting 'Teen wolf'?'' Percy replied.

''Yes, I waited a long time to be able to use that sacred lines as a comeback, and my time has come, I need to go.''

With that, he lighted himself on fire, and run out of the Bunker screaming lyrics of 'Girl on Fire' by Alicia Keys.