Chapter 16: Saying goodbyes

We all laughed. It was nice to be back.

-----

Percy POV

I felt a lot better after we visited Tyson and mum. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my chest and I was finally free. I felt relieved and happy.

When we got back to the camp it was already nighttime so we went to our cabins. When I entered Chaos cabin I went straight to my room, only to find Chaos there, sitting on my bed.

''Lord Chaos, to what do I owe this pleasure?'' I asked while bowing to him. I did that for the sole purpose of annoying him. I loved it.

He just rolled his eyes.

''I came here to tell you that you'll be going on the quest tomorrow at sunrise. Be ready. The rest of the team will stay here to help the camp.'' He said, his tone serious.

''I wish you all luck on this quest because something is telling me that you'll need it.'' He continued.

''Ok. Thanks. I'll inform the rest of the team to get ready.'' I responded. At that, he flashed out.

I didn't know what to feel because I was really excited that we'll be going on a quest, but if we fail, which is very likely, we will lose the war and everything we care about. I just decided to go with the flow because that seemed like the easiest thing to do.

I mind messaged Nico, Luke, and Estelle and told them the news. They also seemed worried but said that they'll prepare for the quest.

After that was done, I decided to have some me time, and the best way to spend that time is to watch some anime and to pack at the same time.

I know that that seems a bit childish and weird for a Warrior of Chaos to do, but I don't care about other people's options on things that don't concern them.

I went on my Netflix account and started searching for something to watch. After about ten minutes, I found something that looked interesting. It was called 'Voltron: Legendary Defender'. I started the first episode, grabbed my bag, and started packing.

After some time I finished packing everything I'll need. I realized that I was on the fifth episode already. I didn't even realize that that much time has passed. I really like this anime. I sat on my beanbag, summoned some snacks, and continued watching the show, hopefully undisturbed.

Of course, I didn't have any luck. I was at the most interesting episode so far when there was a knock on my bedroom door. Groaning, I stood up and went to the door. I was already prepared to yell at whoever disturbed me at this ungodly hour, but when I opened the door I saw Nico, and I just couldn't yell at him.

He looked cute. Too cute, in my opinion. But of course, I won't tell him that. He looked nervous. I wonder what's wrong.

''What's wrong?'' I asked him.

''I- I need to tell you something. I should have told you this years ago, but...'' He stopped. He looked like he'll start crying any second now.

''What is it?''

''I- I still have feelings for you.'' He finally said, tears welling in his eyes. I was shocked. I wasn't even sure if I'm hearing him all right. This seemed like a dream that came true.

''What?'' I asked softly. I just needed to hear it once more, to have any sort of confirmation that this is actually happening. I took one step in his direction. He took one step back and looked my in the eyes.

''I like you.'' He said. ''But if you don't like me back, it's ok. Just forget that this conversation ever happened.''

''No. Nico...''