00-prologue

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 00⁠—𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

⁠❛⁠❛⁠ 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙙.
𝙃𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮.

𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯'

A cold breeze swirled on a woman's neck, making a few strands of her blonde hair fall on her face. She looked somewhat peaceful with her eyes closed and chest moving in a steady rhythm of a healthy heartbeat.

Her hands were positioned oddly, hanging above her head and chained to a wall covered in either dirt or darkening mold. Her body lost the appearance of a religiously sculptured statue where her wrists reddened, scraped with rusty chains.

As if the stranger suddenly felt her unease, she spluttered a few curses and gave the shackles a firm tug, only to see bruises form on her pale skin.

The woman looked around the nasty room in search for a familiar face she could not find. She, again, muttered a cuss and checked her accoutrement. Everything was taken away from her, the one thing that remained hidden in her pocket was an FBI badge with a name on it.

Keira Reagan, it said. Special agent.

But even a special agent can't break chains without breaking bones.

A noise came from outside of her cell, a loud thumping of someone who wanted Keira know about their presence. This time it wasn't a chilly breeze that gave her goosebumps. No, it was the fear for her own life and another one, also lying in her hands.

Doors to her cell opened with a bewildering screech. The woman turned her head to catch a glimpse of her captor. He wore a leather coat, dirty and torn on the edges. He was a tall man with terrifying appearance that came from his cold, emotionless demeanor. The oppressor didn't say a single word as he shut the door behind him and approached Keira with a syringe in his scarred hand.

The woman shook her shackles again, ignoring sharp pain in her wrists. As the man came closer, she let go of the chains and tried to direct a kick to knock the syringe out of his hands. He managed to stop her easily by catching her foot mid-air and Keira knew she's lost.

"Do not reluct, child," he said in a low voice, sounding much more like a growl rather than actual speech.

Keira was facing the stranger after he blocked her attack and slammed her body against a wall. She didn't give up, kicking and shouting until the man got irritated and hit the side of her head, hard. The next seconds felt dimmed --- Keira felt blood trickle down her temple and needle pierce the skin on her neck but she nearly mistook it for a shadowy dream.

Before the darkness engulfed her, she heard her handcuffs click as if they were opened and a man yelled something in a language she didn't understand. She lost consciousness when her body was dragged across the floor, hands lifted and chained again.

-------

Well, hello!
Thank you guys for choosing to read my fanfic and thanks to cursedpsychopath who made a beautiful cover for this book! Check out her portfolio, her graphics are literally stunning.