chapter 4

chapter 4

Screams and cries filled the funeral home as family and friends mourned over a dead Damion. His casket sat open at the front of the parlor as people walked up and dramatically cried over his death.

Half the people K’von never saw in his life. They were probably just friends of different family members.

“K baby you alright?” Chyna asked approaching K’von who stood a good 30ft. away from the casket. She had the baby in one arm while he played with a button on her black dress.

K’von ignored her and continued to just stare at the casket. He hadn’t moved from where he was since he arrived. Honestly, he wasn’t planning on going over to the casket, it wasn’t any disrespect to Damion, that was his cousin, but he just didn’t know if he would be able to handle it.

“Hey, talk to me.” Chyna said with concern trying to touch K’von’s face.

He smacked her hand down. “I’m fine.”

“K you’re not fine! Stop pushing me away! I know you’re hurting but I’m trying to help you!” Chyna whispered so she wouldn’t cause a scene.

K’von looked at her with squinted eyes. “I’m pretty sure you not fuckin’ deaf,  I said I’m fine.” He said through gritted teeth.

The baby started smiling and reaching over for K’von but he just looked at him for a split second with a stone cold face before clenching his jaws and turning back to the depressed set of people in the church.

“Oh hell no! I know you see this fuckin’ child reaching out for your dumb ass right now! I don’t care how mad you are K’von how dare you treat him like that!? He doesn’t know what’s going on,” Chyna shouted this time not caring about making any type of scene.

K’von gave Chyna a look that made her shiver but she wasn’t backing down. She understood he  was at his cousin’s funeral but it still gave him no right to treat their son like that.

“Get the fuck outta my face.” K’von said staring directly into her eyes. 

Before anything else could happen or another word could be said Damion’s mother came over with two men dressed in black suits.

“K’von Reece?” The short white man asked. “Were detectives and we just wanted to ask you a few questions.” He said pulling out a notepad and pen.

K’von instantly began to grit his teeth, he felt like slapping the pen and pad out of the detectives hand.

“Man you stupid cock-suckers show up to my dead cousins funeral with this shit!?” 

The detectives gave each other a quick look before turning back to him. “You know, I’m very sorry about what happened to your—”

“K just please talk to them pleaaaase. Damion! Pleaaase! Nooooo! My baby! My baby!” Damion’s mother bursted into tears.

Looking at his aunt he really felt bad for her but noway, no how was he going to talk to them about anything. He knew they really didn’t even care. “Sorry but I don’t know anything.” He said walking off.

“Mr. Reece!”

Reluctantly K’von turned around to face them. 

“Please, just a few questions. We wanted to know if you knew Damion’s whereabouts the night he was murdered, his car was found abandoned on the road a couple feet away from where he was found dead…”

Oh shit!

That’s when it hit him, the last night he had talked to Damion, he had a girl with him in the trap-house. “Like I said gentlemen, I don’t know.”

He walked away and started looking around the church and spotted Xavier and a couple of his goons in the back row of the seats. He walked over with his hands in his pockets.

“Yo, I wanna talk to ya’ll for a sec, let’s go outside I can’t deal wit’ all this screamin’ and yellin’.” He told them and they all got up and started walking to the door.

When they got outside a worker named Black pulled out a blunt and lit it. 

“In front the church man?” Xavier says shaking his head.

Black sucked his teeth. “Is why yuh a behave like a botty-bwoy?”

“There’s detectives in there.” K’von said ignoring them.

“Oh, word?” Xavier said. “You talkin’ bout that short white one with the black suit and the black one next to him?”

“Yeah. But they said some shit that caught my attention, I don’t know how I didn’t remember that shit from the jump. Damion had some bitch wit’ that night I think.”

“Ohhh,” Black started snapping his fingers. “I deh let dem inside, deh umm…brown skin gal?” “I don’t know I guess, I can’t remember her name…fuck! If I see her face though I’ll remember her for sure.” K’von says thinking.

“So wah yuh wan fi do boss?” Black asked.

“Find her.”

“Nigga is you crazy, what you mean find her? How much brown skin bitches is in Brooklyn?” Xavier said mocking Black’s simple description.

“Yeah well I’m only lookin’ for one, Black you said you opened the door for them the night she came to the trap so you should remember what she looks like, it’s only been two weeks not two years, I want her brought straight to me, I don’t care what you gotta do to get her just bring her…”

                                ********
“Ahhhh!” Hazel screamed knocking stuff off the counter in her bedroom. She couldn’t stop crying, screaming and talking to herself since Damion raped her.

She felt like she was going crazy. 

She started pacing her condo up and down talking and laughing to herself with tears pouring down her face.

“You wanna play Damion? Okay! Okay! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!” She screamed jumping up and down and pulling at her hair.

“No! Calm down Hazel—Calm—Calm down, dooowwnnn.” She broke down crying.

Her condo felt so cold and dark. She had no-one but herself and that was something she really did not need right now. She wanted someone or something to hold. To tell her it was going to be alright. Even though she knew it wasn’t going to be.

Or could it?

“He—He had a cousin, right?” She asked herself. She remembered the name clearly, K’von. 

Maybe I have to go to him first before he gets to me...

Knock! Knock!

Hazel jumped at the sudden knock on her door. She ran out into the living room but just listened instead of answering.

Knock! Knock!

“Hello? Hazel? Hazel open this damn door I know your in here.” 

When Hazel heard the voice she quickly wiped at her eyes and tried to fix herself before she opened the door. It was her best friend Olivia.

“What?” She said dryly walking away from the door.

“Oh my gosh, Hazel are you okay? You look like something that hopped out of a horror movie. You look like shit.”

“Yeah well I bet the nigga’s you fuck with tell you that pussy feels like shit.” She snapped back.

Everything went silent and Hazel knew she hit a nerve, she had never told anyone about getting raped by Damion so no-one knew why her behavior had changed.

No-one knew that she was a murderer so Olivia had no idea what she did for a living.

When she accidentally barked on Olivia it was because she was just holding a lot of anger inside and she had no-one to talk to.

Hazel knew Olivia use to be a prostitute so that was the first thing that came out of her mouth to purposely hurt her. Hazel didn’t bring Olivia’s past back up every time she got mad—hell, she never did bring it up, until now.

Olivia turned on her heels turning back to walk to the door when Hazel grabbed her. “Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, I didn’t mean that livia, seriously.”

“Really? Cause’ I really think you did mean it but it’s okay, I came over here to check on you like a friend because you weren’t answering my phone calls or anything and you want to act like a bitch with a stick up your ass. Goodbye.” 

At the mention of Olivia saying stick up your ass made Hazel shiver.

Olivia slammed the door behind her and Hazel picked up a remote from off the floor and threw it at the closed door. “Fuck you Olivia! I don’t need your whore ass!”

She started laughing hysterically. “I…I don’t…need anybody!” She said between breathes.

“What I need is revenge, since your dead Damion, I have to go for someone else, I’ll fuck him up like you did to me…K’von.” She said whispering his name.

A/N: Thanks for the votes and followers! I was so happy got 1,000 reads :)) I know other stories have like 10,000 reads and up but I don't care I'm grateful for the views I have right now:)  Please vote and comment guys :)) LUV YOU!!!!!!!