Getting Foresight

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

I was currently in the car on a passanger seat with my dad at the wheel. We are going home after we have gone shopping for groceries.

Dad: "Come on, (N/n), just give her a chance." - he says almost in a pleading tone.

Me: "Dad, with all due respect, I have been growing with you and only you for what, eleven years? Do you really think I can easily just accept some random-ass woman, who has been around me for less than a month, as a mother?" - I say, annoyed at how many times he tried to get me to be a little nicer to her.

I swear, what's so hard to understand about a reletionship? If you force it, it's gonna be messy. If someone can't deal with me treating them like a normal person, why should I even try to keep such person close?

Dad: "I know, I know, it's not that easy..."

Me: "The hell you know? You've grown in a full family." - I say, calling out his bullshit.

Dad: "*sigh* I ment that it is not that easy to build any type of reletionship with people, especially for you."

Sounds hurtful, but that is true. People usually avoid me after few interactions, I do not know why. I am quiet and straightforward, true, but this can't be the only reason, right?

Dad: "And all I am asking you is to put slightest effort into bonding with her, alright?"

I just silently stare at the side window, not giving him an answer.

Dad: "Listen, I understand that you not only struggle with people, you also don't need them for the most part. But trust when I say this, Diane is someone who won't hurt to get to know to."

Dad has been going with this almost immediately as he and Diane got engaged.

I didn't mind her being at our home before, but now she is trying to ''get to know me''. Gosh, woman, you are engaged with my father, not me, fuck off.

Dad: "I know you think that she should pay attention to me, ignoring you, but she genially cares about your wellbeing. And not because she loves me and I love you, no, she just wants you to grow up in a healthy enviroment. She thinks you are good kid and deserve to have a mother figure who will care for you and won't leave you alone."

Like I care...

Dad: "(N/n), please, at least try not to push her away. It will pain me if members of my family won't see each other as one." - playing empathy card now, aren't you, dad?

Me: "*sigh*Dad, I just need time to get used to... well this." - I point at the ring he has on his finger.

Dad: "Alright, (N/n), I am counting on you." - he said in a soft voice before turning his attention back to the road.

We stop before the traffic lights near the train railroad. There is a car that has stopped. Traffic lights turn red and barriers go down.

Dad: "Do you think they need help?"

Me: "They are not monkeys, dad, they'll get out of the way soon enough."

I look at the car closer and see that there is a man in the driver seat. He looks like he is panicking. I can hear him trying to start a car, but it doesn't, so he tries to get out, but to no avail.

Me(worried): "Dad, I think he is stuck." 

As much as I don't like people, seeing death is fricking disturbing. I am not planning on that today.