When You Play With Time, There is Always a Price

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

Max: "What?"

Feigning ignorance, aren't you?

Me: "You do seem shaken up a bit, did something happen?"

Max: "No, alarm just spooked me a bit." 

Seems like she doesn't want to tell me about her powers and doesn't know about mine. Good to know.

Me: "Okay. I guess that's where we part ways." - I say, but catch a familiar pink sweater.

Me:  "You know, you could repay me by following me for a few minutes."

Max: "Erm, I am kind of in a hurry..."

I see her spend few minutes around here just talking to people here. ''In a hurry''? Do I look like I am forcing her to do something illegal?

Me: "Please? That won't be long."

Max: "Fine..."

I lead her to Ms. Grant. I saw her making a petition in the future, because she didn't want surviliance cameras to be installed, so I gave her this idea a little earlier, so it would have more chances for success. I don't want my academy become a maximum security prison.

Me: "Ms. Grant? I caught another soul to listen to the petition!"

Ms. Grant: "Oh! (Y/n), it's pleasure to see you!"

Me: "And not much of a surprise, don't you think?"

Ms. Grant: "*chuckle*And who is this ''soul'' you have ''caught''?"

She looks at Max.

Max: "Hi, Miss Grant."

Ms. Grant: "Hello, Max. I know how much everybody loves to be asked to sign a petition, so I won't be offended if you turn and leave."

Me(whispering): "I will, though."

I can already see her signing this petition. No need to listen in to this conversation

I can follow her in a few minutes towards the dorms to look out for her powers.

While they are conversing, I make my way to Hayden.

Me: "Hey, Hayden."

Hayden: "Ah, the quiet kid speaks. How are you doing? You seemed in a hurry back there."

Me: "As usual. Boring shit. You?"

Hayden: "Planning a party with the Vortex club. You could come, you know? Dana says you are pretty chill and collected. We could use that in a club."

Me: "I know, and I am not coming. You wouldn't catch me dead at a party"

Hayden: "Well, not gonna press that. Wanted something?"

Me: "Nah, just wanted to say 'hi'. Gotta go now. Bye!"

Hayden: "See ya sometime."

I go a little further and see a good unoccupied tree. A good place for the rest. At least in my opinion. As soon as I touch the ground, my phone rings. Mom is calling. I answer that.

Me: "I swear, everytime I find a place and time to rest, you need something."

Mom: "Hello to you too, (N/n). And can't I just call my pumpkin to know how he is doing?"

Me: "First of all, no, you can't, we both know that, and second: 'pumpkin'? Really? It was too late to use that even when I was thirteen, you know?"