Shared Similarities

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

We were riding in silence for a few more minutes, until we get to the house, where Chloe parks and gets out of the car, with me following closely behind. Max, on the other hand, was standing near the truck and looking at the house.

Chloe: "Come on in, don't be shy."

Max: "The house still looks... nice" - she says, probably emerged in memories of her childhood in this house.

Chloe: "Home, shit, home." - she says, going in.

We follow her upstairs. She opens the door and comes in, holding the door. Max comes in.

Chloe: "My room looks a bit different than the last time you saw it, Max."

Max: "It's cool, at least we can chill out."

I come in and see not really ''chill out zone''. If you ask me, there is a lot of stress in this room.

Me: "You sure? Doesn't seem like that."

Chloe: "You've got my step-furher to thank for that."

This room is just full of shit. Posters, photos, stickers, clothes. And that's only walls. It's not comfortable here not for the lack of trying, that's for sure.

Me: "Well, it isn't that bad." - I say, taking my place at the car seat she had near the TV, throwing my bag near it.

Chloe: "Not gonna ask if I allow you to seat here?"

Me: "Let's be honest, you don't fucking care as long as I don't sit on you."

Chloe: "Well, you pass the vibe check." - she says and gets comfortable on her bed.

Max: "You do those now?"

Chloe: "Can't let some asshead inside. Could you put on some music while I meditate?" - she says and Max starts searching.

Her search will stop when she finds a silver box under the bed.

Me: "My bet she keeps it under her bed." - I say to Max.

Chloe: "Well, we'll see. Even I don't know where's my shit."

Max starts to look under the bed and takes the little box out. I, during that moment, turn on the outlet that leads to the CD player. I also notice couple of photos labeled 'Me+Daddy<3<3<3'. 

It seems like it's Chloe's past. She actually looks familiar. Like, no shit I knew how she looked a year ago, but this photos are way before that moment.

They actually look pretty close to each other. Wonder what've put her into situation where she has to put up with a step-dad. My mind circles around one and only option, but I can't make assumptions based on my past. Maybe her father and mother have divorced or something.

I lay back at the seat, feeling that my work with the outlet is done. Max has already gotten the disk, while roaming around Chloe's stuff. 

Show's about to begin...

Chloe: "Hey! Gimme that!" - she said, snatching the photo Max was holding.

Max: "Sorry. I wasn't trying to be nosey. Obviously she was a good friend..."

Chloe(defeated): "That's putting it mildly..." - she said, looking down and supproting her head with a hand, while Max decided to sit near her for comfort.

Max: "So, who is she? Do you mind talking about her?"

Chlloe: "Maybe not in front of our friend here." - she said, nodding at my direction.