Fricking Disturbing

- (Y/n)'s P.O.V. -

Max and I followed Chloe, who started walking on the rail, trying to balance on it, holding her hands outstretched to the sides.

Chloe: "At least Frank is gone now; he won't fuck with us again. All he needs is his money."

Me: "And all we needed to do was point a gun at him..."

Max quickly made her way to the other rail and started mimicking what Chloe was doing. She sighed and looked at her feet, still holding her hands straight out to the sides to balance.

Max: "I still can't believe I almost shot him..." she whispered to us, growing anxious about the possible consequences of her actions, causing her voice to tremble a bit.

Chloe: "Don't be like that, Max!" the cheery voice of a punk rang through our ears. "You were epic!"

Max: "I could have killed him, Chloe." Max explained to her friend. "Do you know how awful it felt?" she said, while I started to walk on the sleepers, avoiding stepping on the ground.

Chloe: "You can just rewind time in your hand and stick that barrel right up Frank's ass!" she said, gesticulating the act, and started leaning too much to the side. "You have the power!" I caught her hand as she was shouting it and helped her regain balance.

Max/Me: "You're gross./Don't fall." Max, losing balance too, found support on my shoulder, gripping it and making me lean slightly to the left. The girls walked a few more steps with me in between before Chloe, her voice softer and slightly quieter, continued talking.

Chloe: "I'm just glad you two were there."

Max: "Me too..." Max regained her balance and let go of my shoulder. "What the hell are you doing hanging around scary losers like Frank? It's weird."

Chloe started to slow down, stepping her foot on the ground. I was already getting comfortable on the sleepers. Chloe sat to my left, her legs on the same side as my head.

Chloe: "Let's take a break and I'll talk." she said, sitting down and getting more comfortable, placing her hands under her head to lie down comfortably. She sighed, and Max sat down farther to the left of Chloe, mirroring my position as she began to lean back.

Chloe: "Feels like a different world, huh?" her voice then changed into wishful and dreamy "I wish we could stay forever."

Max: "Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"  I chuckled at that. Max lifted her body to look at me and asked "What is it?"

Me: "Oh, nothing. I just regret not seeing Captain Chloe 'Roguewave' Price and her First Mate Max 'Snapshot' Caulfield." I instantly got hit in the shoulder by Chloe's foot.

Chloe: "Oi, don't disrespect Captain Bluebeard and Long Max Silver, matey! Might as well make you walk the plank, ye landlubber!" Max, with a slight smile, called out to Chloe.

Max: "Aye, Captain Bluebeard! Perhaps we should spare this swashbuckler a fate worse than sailin' the seven seas with ol' Davy Jones. After all, every good pirate crew needs a daring lookout with a sharp eye for treasure!" I rolled my eyes and started to run a hand through my hair.

Me: "You two are so..." I sighed.

Chloe: "'So' what?" she said sharply.

Me: "Arr-some. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

A warm silence fell upon us as we lied there, looking at the sky, a giant canvas for clouds to draw images on. We were showered in the sunlight, letting our bodies take in the heat and relax as if it was a relaxing bath. That is, until Chloe broke the silence with a sigh.