Can't Sleep?

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

I stepped into the Price household, where Chloe instantly stopped me near the stairs with her hand, while she herself went to the kitchen. Naturally, my eyes fell on walls in attempt to push my exhausted mind into activity before I die of boredom. I saw photos made of presumably Chloe in childhood, tuning out Chloe rummaging through the refrigerator.

Chloe skateboarding... Nothing new, skaters told us about her skating with them already. Chloe on the swings and Chloe scaring pigeons on parking lot? Something more innocent and childish. She definitely grew very different. And photographer was rather amateur, just look how Dutch angle-- Wait...

I erupted in chuckle, shaking my head.

Tell me who your friend is, and I'll tell you who you are... Just what are you doing to me, Max? My eyes widened a bit. 'Friend', huh? I smiled and threw my head back. Seems avoiding making friends is not that easy when you don't see more than few hours into the future...

Chloe walks out of the kitchen, carrying six bottles of beer in her hands.

Me: "Trying to poison me again?" I gently shouted from my place near staircase.

Chloe groaned from the kitchen, "I wasn't going to take it."

I smirked and couldn't help but teasingly shout back "You know I literally saw you carry beer out?" I crossed my arms on my chest, waiting for response.

Chloe: "No, you didn't, Mr. Crystal Ball." she stopped to shoot me a glare, trying to do it through the wall that was separating us right now. I could imagine her glare intensifying as I broke into a chuckle.

Me: "Are you trying to gaslight me?" I shouted in a mock-offended tone. "Bad Chloe, very bad Chloe." I chided, even wiggled my finger left and right, getting into the character.

Chloe: "Oh, yeah, you're so-o-o funny!" she grumbled under her breath, irritation oozing through her voice.

Me: "No need to sound so irritated when I just don't want you to see me drunk. It's just not my best state." I quipped, shrugging, despite the fact that she couldn't see me.

Chloe: "Great job, now I want to spike your drink just to see it." She grumbled, rummaging through the fridge once more.

I sighed and let myself look through the house once more as Chloe tries to find something to my taste. Not finding anything now, I decided to look further into the future, hoping that I'd find something interesting there.

David Madsen came home, looking at the ground. He lifted his head and looked up the staircase, frowning at the music he could hear now. He opened his mouth to shout, but then just sighed, shaking his head and dejectedly throwing his keys onto the drawer on the right from entrance. He took his shoes off and threw his jacket, other set of keys ringing inside as it landed, and cap on the hanger, proceeding into the kitchen.

David found Joyce in the kitchen, making dinner, and the first thing he did was hug Joyce from behind, while Joyce planted a kiss on his cheek.

Joyce: "You arrived late. Something happened?" asked Joyce as she rubbed circles on David's arm. David sighed, before retreating a bit away. Joyce continued to pay attention to the food, turning with her side to David and her eyes starting to dart to him constantly.

David wrapped an arm around his chest, supporting elbow of the other as he rubbed his forehead, grunting. "Yes, something did. We had an accident in school today--"

Joyce quickly interrupted David, "Oh, I heard that. Poor girl. I knew there was nothing saint in Blackwell, but a student trying to jump off the roof!" she tightened her grip around spatula, starting to flip chicken she already flipped.