Chapter 15

Hope you all enjoy!

********

"Fuck! Rooster!" Viper had her hand tangled in my hair and was gripping so hard I could almost see stars. I pulled back and grinned. I crawled on top of her body until my face met hers, drunk with sleepiness but high on an orgasm. I'd seen her look grumpier.

"Good wake up call?" I smiled down at her cheekily. There was still a tiny bit of moisture–likely drool–at the corner of her mouth, and her hair was practically matted behind her head.

"Better than an alarm clock, that's for sure," Viper gave me a sleepy grin in return before something crossed her eyes. As soon as it did, she schooled her features into her normal look. It was like a shadow had passed over her face. Her arms nudged me enough to fall back next to her as she sat up.

Viper smoothed her hair at the back of her head, wiped the corner of her mouth, and walked to her private bathroom in all of her nude glory. I couldn't keep another smile off of my face while I crossed my arms behind my head. She still looked perfect this early in the morning. While she took a quick shower, I slid my clothes on from the night before and my phone and left the room.

This was my favorite time of day. The clubhouse was quiet, save for someone's music playing in their room or a tv, and I got the entire place to myself. I put a cold brew pod into the coffee maker, then hit the cup button that was larger than the one I usually used. I opened the cabinet next to the sink and pulled out two mugs, placing one under the coffee maker spout quickly before any of it hit the counter.

I placed the second mug beside the coffee maker, then moved to the pantry. The whir and dripping of the machine sounded louder in the morning, when nothing and no one was there to cover the noise up. I glanced at the different flavors of Pop-Tarts I had and smiled when I reached the fruity ones.

Grabbing one for myself, I switched the mugs under the coffeemaker, put in a farmhouse blend pod, and hit the small mug on the machine. I ripped open the toaster pastries and held one in my mouth as I reached the toaster. I slid one slice into the toaster, pushed down on the knob, and munched on the other one.

I heard Viper's door creak open and shut, and she came down the stairs with a pointed look. God, how did she not look tired at all? I knew she wasn't a morning person, but damn did she look like one.

"What are you eating?" Viper interrupted my sweep of her body. Those tight black jeans, the black leather jacket... "Rooster?"

"Uh, sorry. It's a, uh, Pop-Tart," I muttered. She glanced at me with a weird look and peeked around me, as if I had the stash hidden there.

"Got any more?" Viper asked. That wasn't the normal response I got, but I grinned and popped the last bit of pastry into my mouth.

Through a mouth full of food, I asked, "Which flavor?" Viper thought for a second as she sat on one of the stools at the island.

"Got anything chocolate flavored?"

"I have plenty," I answered after I swallowed. "How sweet do you like your breakfast?"

"I've never turned down sugar," was Viper's answer. I walked to the pantry again and reached for the sweetest, chocolatiest flavor I had and slid it across the island to her, followed by her coffee mug. The toaster popped behind me and I grinned, reaching for it but fumbling it because of the heat.

"Toast mine?" It sounded both like a question, and a demand. I blew on the pop tart I was holding and held it between my teeth as I reached for hers. She looked amused at my antics.