Chapter 1

You lay on your soft bed as you sobbed your eyes out. You clutch at your chest where your heart was as it felt like it was breaking, but at the same time, you felt relief. You've just broken up with your so-called 'boyfriend' and kicked him out of your house. At the beginning of your relationship, it was all sweat at first. He treated you as treasure and he took you out on dates. But a few months later he changed dramatically for the worst. He started ignoring you and grew irritated around you. You tried to help him and asked him what was bothering him and that was when he started yelling at you daily and compared you to that woman, Jessica.

Every single day he screamed at you and constantly reminds you that Jessica was so much better than you and that you were nothing but a waste of space. Every single night you'd cried yourself to sleep knowing that the next morning he was going to yell at you more.

Finally, you have had enough and kicked him out of your house and broke up with him on the spot. You told him to never come into contact with you and your family again and that you never want to see him ever again, before slamming the door in his face and locking every single door and blocking him on every social media platform.

You were finally free from that man and now you can be at peace but the damage had already been done. He had destroyed all of your confidence and chances at finding someone else. You see, your boyfriend was from a rich family and his parents were no different from him. His father was scary and intimidated anyone who he looks at and his mother was very manipulative. You'd know that when they hear that you've dumped your now ex, they won't be very happy. If your ex and Jessica don't make out at all, you don't even care at this point as you hate him and that woman more than anyone.

The next day

After making breakfast for yourself, you suddenly got a call on your phone. You picked it up to see who it was and saw that it was your ex's mother. You let out a sigh and answered that call.

"Hello?" You asked the woman on the phone."good morning (Y/N)" the woman said."I've now heard what happened yesterday, you've broken up with my son, why?" The visions of your ex yelling at you came flashing back at you, with frustration built up inside you, you yelled, "he was an awful piece of shit! All he did was yell at me and compared me to that damn whore of women, Jessica!" After your statement, the woman when silent, she didn't expect you to raise your voice at her. After a while, she spoke."I understand your anger, but that gives you no right to raise your voice at me. After everything you and my son did together you just dumped him because he saw another woman, now that's pathetic" you didn't by any into this woman's crap. You knew she was just trying to manipulate you.

"You know what?" You said."I'm done with you, I'm done with your son and I'm done with your entire family! Don't you ever call me or make any contact with me and my family ever again!" And with that, you hung up the phone and blocked her number and slammed your phone onto the table.

You let out a sigh. You were overwhelmed with emotions. Now that you've said all of those things, your ex might show up to give you a scolding or he might do worse.

Fear boils up in your chest. You don't know what to do. You then opened Facebook to message your mother to tell her that you feel like you are in danger and that's where you saw it. An ad for the Defence force. You've always had a feeling that you have a duty in the army but never had the guts. Now you feel like your life is on the line, maybe if you join, not only will you be safe from him but you'll also train and be able to kick some ass.

You then got up and grabbed your keys and got into your car and drove off to the nearest recruitment base.

While you're being recruited

Your ex pounds at your door furiously."(Y/N)!!! OPEN THE DOOR!!!" He yells."I KNOW YOU IN THERE!!!" After about an hour of pounding at the door. He just gave up and left, thinking you were just out somewhere. Unknown to him, you've now just become a member of the Australian Army.

To be continued