Chapter 8

One week later

It has been a week since the attack and you were healing relatively fast, but psychologically, the damage was immeasurable. The words that Tagiya had said to you before he threw you into the rapids were haunting you and no matter how hard you tried to take your mind off of it, it always came back to you like a boomerang. You were no longer having nightmares of your ex but instead, had nightmares about your comrades and Turner dying right in front of you while you are powerless to do anything.

While you were here, you learned you were actually in a safe house near a town called Las Almas near the border of Mexico and America. The men who rescued you were members of Los Vaqueros and the Colonel owns the safe house. His name was Alejandro Vargas and his second in Command was Rodolfo Parra. You met both of them when you were finally well enough to stand with the help of a crutch, Alejandro was a little arrogant and Rodolfo was a cool guy.

Alejandro at some point called you out for catching his men trespassing and interrogating them to which you learned they were spying on you for Task Force 141. Your defence was that you didn't know that they were only spying on you and that they are lucky they were released in time before the attack.

You learned about the other members of Task Force 141. You learned about Sergeant Soap MacTravis who was the youngest person to graduate in the SAS, he was a cocky bloke but a bit joyful to have around. Then there's Sergeant Gaz Garrick who tends to follow Price around like a lost child, he was a cool guy and a bit polite and then there's Lieutenant Ghost. Ghost was mysterious and very intimidating, his large frame and deep gruff voice scared rookies around him and you can't deny that his stares pierced through others like knives. For some reason, he was been staring at you for the past week and at some point you even noticed him stalking you a bit. You made sure to avoid him as he makes you nervous every time you were around him. You also learned that 141 was teamed up with another task force called the Shadow Company under Commander Philip Graves who was sent out by General Shepherd. You haven't met Graves or any of the Shadows yet because some of the Shadows are guarding a Cartel drug lord, which you didn't care about at this point.

Due to your injuries, you couldn't do much to train, the only things you can manage are one-armed push-ups, sit-ups and squats. Price told you that you shouldn't be training but that didn't stop you. You were even target practising with one-handed guns like pistols or even using rifles but resting them on an arms stand and using your free arm to aim and shoot the targets. Unfortunately, you were not very good with your left hand.

It was during one of your target practice when you were shooting the targets with your handgun, a 9mm Mark 3 self-loading pistol. By now you have gotten the hang of using your left hand. One after another you shoot the targets with your pistol. After a little bit, your gun ran out of ammo, you then tuck your pistol under your chin and reached out for another magazine to reload only to mind your spare magazines were gone." what the..." you mumbled."have I already used up all of my magazines?"

"Looking for these?" A deep British voice calls out from behind. You turn to see Ghost with your magazines. You were stunned, "how the hell did you manage to take my mags without me noticing?" You said in shock." they were in my front pockets and you managed to take them, how!?" Ghost played around with them for a little bit before putting them into his front pockets and walking towards you which causes you to back up until your back hit the wall. For the past few days, you managed to avoid him and now he's in the shooting range with you.

He was now standing in front of you, his large frame pins you to the wall. Judging by his size he must be around 95 to 103 Kg and he was towering, around 189 cm tall. You started sweating as you started to think of a way out of this situation. You can either bolt to the left or the right but he might easily catch up to you and go knows what he might do to you if you try to escape him."what do you want?" You demand, trying not to seem scared of the Lieutenant. His hand then slams into the wall beside your head, making you flinch."you've managed to avoid me completely for the past few days Corporal" Ghost barked." and now here you are, pinned up against the wall by me" "you're upset because you haven't seen me in 3 days?" You argued, "So what, do you miss me?" Your tone changed from threatened to mock.

Ghost then roughly grasp your shoulder and slams you to the wall, earning a yelp from you." watch your mouth Corporal" Ghost grunts," you don't know who you're talking to" Ghost was trying to intimidate you but you managed to keep yourself from showing it. Ghost saw through you, "scared are we little girl" he mocked."shut up" you replied with defiance. Ghost backs away from you, impress by your defiance and boldness to say 'shut up' right in his face. Most people wouldn't even dare say a word to him but you are just different from most people.

Ghost backing away from you made you feel less scared of him. You shoot a glare right into his stone-cold eyes, showing that you don't fear him nor do you fear anyone. Ghost just signs in defeat before storming away," until next time Corporal" he mumbled before leaving you alone. You sighed in relief that he was finally gone. You were going to continue on target practising but remember that Ghost took your magazines earlier."Damn it Ghost" sighed, "why'd you gotta be like this?" You then walked out of the shooting range while calling it a day and back to your barracks.

To be continued